Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 5.09.12, 12:33 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

Racing Edition:
BLUE
ORANGE
YELLOW

Limited Edition
BLUE
ORANGE
YELLOW

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

NitroRCX said
Exceed RC has raised the stakes by releasing their 1/8 scale platform on road car. The result is the MadDrift Brushless Drift Car. Ready to hit the streets right out of the box, the MadDrift Brushless Drift Car packs a long list of features and flaunts a distinctive look that will leave the competition in the dust.

This car is loaded full of features. Power is delivered through a high performance 540L 2150KV brushless motor and supported by an 80A Brushless Hobbywing electronic speed control. Enough power to deliver tire-shredding torque and reach the high RPMs needed for high-speed drifting. The 2.4ghz Radio system keeps the driver in full control. The Racing edition features all the parts in the limited edition but also includes Big Bore threaded aluminum shock bodies and front and rear aluminum differential and control arm braces for even more control. Oiled filled shocks and the included sway bars keep the car in control during hard cornering. The ESC is mounted right in the center of the car and the two batteries on either side of it to create the best possible balance and weight ratio for superb handling. All the features of this car scream performance in a ready to run package.

Features
  • Unique centralized low center of gravity design
  • Street-ready detailed and high strength drift body
  • Durable oil filled shock
  • 2.4Ghz Pistol Transmitter
  • 80A Brushless electronic speed control with 540L 2150KV brushless motor
  • Foam bumper for added protection from impacts
  • Easy access front and rear geared differentials
  • Includes 2 7.4V 3300mah Sky Lipo Batteries
Specs

LE/RE Model Number: TK1001/TK1002
Length: 620MM
Width: 310MM
Height: 175MM
Wheelbase: 330MM
Track width: 310MM
Gear Size: 12T Pinion gear
Gear ratio: 12.68:1
Radio: 2.4GHz
Motor: 36 x 65 540L Brushless motor 2150KV
ESC: 80A Brushless ESC (Hobbywing)
Battery: 7.4V 3300mAh Li-Po
Servo: Metal geared steering servo
Needed to complete
4 x 1.5V AA Batteries for transmitter
Lithium Polymer Battery Charger
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 5.23.12 at 4:23 am)
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 5.09.12, 12:39 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
As soon as spare parts are available, I can see a great platform to convert other eBuggy designs into on-road or rally racers!
Basher:

(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 5.09.12, 12:45 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Order placed! Going to get three uses out of this thing, minimum!

Added a bunch of other stuff to the order, though. Cart ballooned to over $400 in 7 minutes flat Thank goodness for the $5 off coupon huh?
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
ChazOutlaw - 5.09.12, 2:57 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
added to my "to get" list. I've had such great luck with their 1/10th drift car. I Look forward to Jang's findings on this rig.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 5.09.12, 4:13 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
Order placed! Going to get three uses out of this thing, minimum!

Added a bunch of other stuff to the order, though. Cart ballooned to over $400 in 7 minutes flat Thank goodness for the $5 off coupon huh?
Seriously??? I didn't think you were much of an Exceed fan, ha!

I am a little nervous with the included motor:
NitroRCX said
Motor: 36 x 65 540L Brushless motor 2150KV
My ZRE-1 comes with a 36 x 65 540L - 2700kV + 80A ESC + 3S and this combo leaves the motor a little toasty around 180 after a 5 min qual, that includes a Integy heat sink + cooling fan combo!

I think the Exceed car comes with 4S which makes me think it will do okay with drift tires, but may require a beefier motor if any high traction Sweeps are installed.

Fortunately the Tacon 3674-1900kV motors are back in stock, but their 1600W rating makes me a little nervous about the 80A ESC being able to support it. What size ESC were you using when you tested this motor a while back?

LOL @ the $5 coupon!

3 Uses... Drift + GT + Rally???

Safe to assume you got the RE instead of the LE?

Are you gonna try to break 100mph with this thing on 6S + 19T pinion?

I think it can be done for around $500 total... without an iOS to boot

(Last edited by BillDeLong : 5.09.12 at 4:37 am)
Basher:

"Experienced user"
Claymore5150 - 5.09.12, 4:57 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Rally requires JUMPS....I don't think Jang likes the way the Exceed 1/8 scales LAND.

They jump ok....landings are messy.

haha.

It's a sharp rig, though. Bill had even mentioned a GT8 conversion thought in another thread, they're listening to ya Bill!
Itchy Trigger Finger/RC Throttle Junkie/Budget Club Racer
Proud Member B.B.R.C. 865 Chapter-East TN
'94 RC10CE/RC10T2/2wd LCG VXLSlash/Himoto MegaE8XBL
"Experienced user"
greene-r74 - 5.09.12, 5:28 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Woo hoo Rally car!!
"Internet user"
Joeltheguy - 5.09.12, 6:41 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
"Now on the racing edition you'll notice the big bore shocks. They're easy to bleed, they have boots. You'll also find a lot more aluminum plates.... also theres an aluminum servo saver, but I believe that comes on the limited edition as well. That is all for the racing edition."
Team C SC, Duratrax Vendetta SC, Losi Trail Trekker, Syma X1, Syma S107
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 5.09.12, 6:51 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Joeltheguy said
"Now on the racing edition you'll notice the big bore shocks. They're easy to bleed, they have boots. You'll also find a lot more aluminum plates.... also theres an aluminum servo saver, but I believe that comes on the limited edition as well. That is all for the racing edition."
There is a $40 difference between the RE and the LE and per the specs above, here is what you get:

NitroRCX said
The Racing edition features all the parts in the limited edition but also includes Big Bore threaded aluminum shock bodies and front and rear aluminum differential and control arm braces for even more control.
For on-road electric racing, I seriously doubt there is any need for 16mm bores, BUT it's not clear if the LE comes with threaded spacers or not, that would be a big difference for me as I hate the C-Clip style spacers which tend to crack when servicing or fall off during hard racing.

If the RE comes with aluminum diffs, does that mean the LE comes with plastic or steel diffs?

Aluminum control arm braces sound nice too, but the plastic braces on my ZRE-1 are holding fine at my local off-road track which suggests that upgrade may not be necessary either.

I was kinda hoping the RE would at least come with a 120A ESC and larger motor
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 5.09.12 at 6:54 am)
Basher:

"Internet user"
Joeltheguy - 5.09.12, 6:54 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I guess it's worth $40 for the shocks and braces...
Team C SC, Duratrax Vendetta SC, Losi Trail Trekker, Syma X1, Syma S107