Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
vandewd - 5.15.12, 5:06 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
First post here, as I can usually find the answer I'm looking for just by searching other posts. However, I have not been able to find much on this topic. I'm looking to convert my 3905 E-maxx to brushless. I want to keep it kind of mild, as the E-maxx is a very durable truck as long as you don't push it too far, which is why I was thinking of the MMP SCT system. Anybody done this? I know the KV's on the motor are low enough, I'm more concerned about the ESC. Can it handle it? I have a pile of 4000mah 40C 2S Gens Ace lipo's that I currently run on the EVX-2 ESC with low voltage alarms. Unfortunately I think the Lipo's were too much for the EVX-2, cuz it is fried now. Thanks in advance for the help
"Experienced user"
vandewd - 5.16.12, 9:05 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Anybody?
"Say what?"
G.Lo1492 - 5.16.12, 5:18 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Go for it. I know that the MMP can handle it cause the Savage flux 2350 has this esc and I've also used it on my 1/8 Twin Force on 4s with a Leopard 3674 2370kv motor. Not sure if that Castle motor will he able to handle the weight of the E-Maxx.
Twin Force Mamba Monster, Leopard 4074 2000kv.
Ruckus w/MMP, Tenshock 4000kv motor
E-Maxx w/Leopard Ground 150A Pro, Castle 1515-2200kv
Ofna Ultra LX2-E w/Leopard SC-8, Kershaw Designs 4074 2360kv.
"Experienced user"
vandewd - 5.16.12, 5:25 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Actually, the motor was the only part I wasn't worried about. It is a 1415 series neu castle motor, which means it is a 4-pole motor. Plus it comes with a cooling fan. I've heard that the mmp might have too weak of a bec to handle the twin servos on the Maxx. Know anything about that?
"Say what?"
G.Lo1492 - 5.17.12, 12:10 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I don't think the MMP's BEC is any weaker than the Mamba Monster's BEC and it seems to be able to handle both Traxxas 2075 servos pretty good. Just don't use Savox servos without an external BEC.
Twin Force Mamba Monster, Leopard 4074 2000kv.
Ruckus w/MMP, Tenshock 4000kv motor
E-Maxx w/Leopard Ground 150A Pro, Castle 1515-2200kv
Ofna Ultra LX2-E w/Leopard SC-8, Kershaw Designs 4074 2360kv.
"These Pretzels !"
crusey_aus - 5.17.12, 12:42 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Motor is a little small, would depend on what speed you are planning to gear the car for

Larger 1500 series motor would be a better option if you can afford it

MMP will handle it fine if planning to only run 4s

You will need to run an external bec with any decent servo

Cheers
(Last edited by crusey_aus : 5.17.12 at 12:45 am)

Slash Plati
num
Xerun 150, Tenshock SC401 (3500kv)

Gensace 5000mah 40c

"Experienced user"
vandewd - 5.17.12, 2:35 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the input, I am only planning on running 4s. Im mainly trying to gain a little bit of low end torque with this setup. Like i said in the first post, i would like to keep this thing in one piece. One more question. Does the Mamba monster motor bolt right up to my dual motor plate, or is the hole spacing different? Thanks again.