Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 6.19.12, 3:18 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
http://www.xtremercracing.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=231423&InfoID=2995&ShowLarge=True&SnipID=7067

Basically a STRC extension except for the ECX line instead of traxxas.

Also available in other colors:

http://www.xtremercracing.com/BOOST.cfm
(Last edited by theJANG : 6.20.12 at 1:03 pm) Reason: linked to the source
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Experienced user"
Mastio - 6.19.12, 3:21 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
LCG conversion here i come!
HPI Savage w/ LRP .28
Traxxas Rustler VXL
ECX Torment w/ Duratrax Element combo
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 6.19.12, 4:10 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
It's about time... $49 dollars? Outrageous

P.S. Anyone notice they made a typo? (EXC)
(Last edited by kingkong559 : 6.19.12 at 9:17 pm)
Automotive/Motorcycle enthusiast
49ERS
Gone fishing on the weekend. Don't bother me.

Opinions are like @holes, everyone has one.
"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 6.19.12, 5:23 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
$49! That's an outrage! I thought ECX was a "budget" brand! Rabble rabble rant rant.
"Vacationing user"
turbo4age - 6.19.12, 5:29 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
thats clearly not metal.
"Experienced user"
ChazOutlaw - 6.19.12, 5:40 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
hmm an LCG Ruckus might be interesting...
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 6.19.12, 6:45 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Nice. Basically extends a Circuit chassis, then you throw whatever body you want on it.

Looks cool, but for $49, I'm thinking it might be possible to make something else work...especially considering to make your Torment an LCG Torment, you're going to have to spend $49 on this kit, another $15 or so on the Circuit chassis, and then maybe a few bucks on other parts.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Ruckus, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, DJI Phantom, Tidewater Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck
"Insert Witty Phrase Here."
Soulforged - 6.19.12, 6:55 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Gimpdiggity said
Nice. Basically extends a Circuit chassis, then you throw whatever body you want on it.

Looks cool, but for $49, I'm thinking it might be possible to make something else work...especially considering to make your Torment an LCG Torment, you're going to have to spend $49 on this kit, another $15 or so on the Circuit chassis, and then maybe a few bucks on other parts.
2 wheel drive slash lcg kit isnt that far off depending on the brand. it will sell, question is how well.
You Say " I am canadian =)" Varchild says, "everyone has thier faults"
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 6.19.12, 7:21 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Soulforged said
2 wheel drive slash lcg kit isnt that far off depending on the brand. it will sell, question is how well.
The difference is most people would say that the Slash is a better platform to build a race truck out of than an ECX is. The aftermarket support for the Slash alone makes it a better starting point in most people's eyes.

Heck, you can barely ever even come across metal gears for the ECX trucks.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, Ruckus, Bullhead, Summit, Telluride, Trail Trekker, Night Vapor, UM T-28, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Duet, DJI Phantom, Tidewater Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck
"Experienced user"
TurboShadow - 6.19.12, 7:50 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Its a cool idea but does not look to be cost effective at all. You would probably be better off selling your current ECX truck as a roller and buying a roller blitz or something similar.