Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
ericmaxman - 7.26.12, 2:20 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote

Get ready to tear up the local dirt track with the new Turnigy SCT 2WD 1/10 Brushless Short Course Truck! It comes pre-assembled and will have you ready to take on the track in no time! All you will need is your own receiver, transmitter and lipoly battery. The ESC is equipped with a cooling fan and is ready to handle 2s to 3s Lipo.
The SCT chassis is lightweight yet rigid offering a perfect combination of weight savings and strength. Additionally, it features large front/rear and side impact bumpers to protect your model while running.
This truck includes proper short course style racing wheels, soft compound tires for increased traction and handling, as well as a pre-painted and trimmed body shell. Also, with features such as fully adjustable suspension, oil filled shocks and adjustable camber/castor, it is easy to fine tune the ride to the conditions of your favorite track or bashing spot.

Features:
Adjustable camber, caster and shock mounting positions
Low center of gravity chassis design
Pre-installed 35A brushless power system
Large front/rear and side impact bumpers
Soft compound tires for increased traction
Pre-painted and trimmed body shell w/decal sheet included
Specs:
Motor Size: 3650 Brushless inrunner
Motor KV: 3300KV
ESC: 35A ESC (with Reverse)
Battery: 2~3s 4000MAH LiPo (Required)
Battery compartment: (195x49x21mm MAX SIZE)
Servo: High-Torque Steering Servo
Length: 530mm
Wheelbase: 330mm
Height: 200mm
Ground Clearance: 41mm
Required:
Radio System (Rx/Tx)
Battery: 2~3s 4000MAH LiPoly
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ruck_ARR_.html

$120

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desert buggy platform put to excellent use! Damn, it has mudflaps.

That's the THIRD SCT from hobbyking
* Nothing to see *
"eh"
the.maxinator98 - 7.26.12, 2:36 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
those nerd bars look like they came from a scte though i guess that is a good thing. And that looks like a jammin scrt10 body but other than that it looks like a good truck
Hi guys
MY youtube channel "maxyd98"
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 7.26.12, 3:31 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
hmmm, is this a rough ultima clone, like the DB? it looks a lot like the DB, but with a body on it
"Experienced user"
torquex - 7.26.12, 5:16 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Front/rear bumper, side bumpers, body, and body mounts look to be the only differences. Now I can race act with turnigy cheap parts once they have the spares listed
(Last edited by torquex : 7.26.12 at 5:21 am)
"New user"
ericmaxman - 7.26.12, 5:20 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
STEEL-CITY-CRWL said
hmmm, is this a rough ultima clone, like the DB? it looks a lot like the DB, but with a body on it
It's the DB platform. Here's what I said yesterday when the new Trooper got launched

ericmaxman said
Then why not make a 2WD SCT?

So let's say IF i were to get this SCT, I already have the A-arms, pins and e-clips..what else do i need?
And BAM, here it is

What kinda annoys me is that I've already bought the Kyosho parts for my SCT conversion.
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
torquex - 7.26.12, 5:25 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
At least kyosho parts have been shown to be stronger but still $2 for a nice set of parts compared to $6+. And the bumper should hold up pretty well
"New user"
ericmaxman - 7.26.12, 5:26 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Yep. Thats my only consolation. After conversion, my parts costs ~$35

That aint cheap at all

Thats without a body. And screws.
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
torquex - 7.26.12, 5:31 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Ya true but the body probably won't be that strong based on hk other scts it's a thin PVC junk plastic. Unless you shoo goo and fiberglass the hell out of it, it cracks.

But now you can get spares for it cheap. It will take me a month before I'll be able to run act because of slow shipping to us
"New user"
ericmaxman - 7.26.12, 5:35 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
If I order the new Trooper (in which i eventually will), it'll arrive to me in less than a week.

* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
JJBTEXAS - 7.26.12, 5:41 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I totally saw this coming but $120!!! holy cow. ericmaxman, at least you won't have a crummy pvc body. I put a proline body on mine and boy way that thing thick (in a good way).
MainlandRC.wordpress.com
DEX410R, AE FT B4.1, F104 Pro, AE TC4 VTA, DXR8-E, SCX-10 Rubicon, Wraith Rubicon, TF2 F350, Pajero, Unimog.....