Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 8.03.12, 6:19 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Dr. Isotope said
The parts are cheap and plentiful. So cheap, my laziness overcomes my cheapness. Why clean out a diff when you can build a whole new one for under 15 bucks? I think we probably have 4-5 extra complete diffs, and at least 4 sets of internals beyond that. A few spare idlers, and a couple topshaft gears. And most of it will never get used. Because once you buy spares, THE UNIVERSE STOPS BREAKING YOUR STUFF, SO IT CAN LAUGH AT YOU INSTEAD.
What the heck just carry a spare truck !!!

I have had the same happen to me I never had spare anything and it would break every time I took it out. Now nothing I swear Im going at it twice as hard too.
"Experienced user"
Super B - 8.03.12, 7:34 am Post #32: | Reply With Quote
Dr. Isotope said
Because once you buy spares, THE UNIVERSE STOPS BREAKING YOUR STUFF, SO IT CAN LAUGH AT YOU INSTEAD.
LOL yup!
Family motto "Go Big or Go Home" & "Hey Y'all Watch This"
2wd Slash Raptor on Jumbo Kongs "Big Foot"
Custom LCG 2wd slash
Wroncho
R1 "The Money Pit"
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 8.03.12, 1:28 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
hahahahahaha yes Dr. Isotope, you've hit it spot on with that one!

So after a lot of work unscrewing millions of screws and ripping the tranny apart turning my hands black... there are zero stripped gears... no out of place pins... no shattered shafts. Every spider gear is perfect, the diff runs smooth, the wheels spin fine, but as soon as you put it on the ground and try to gas it, you'd swear something is stripped. So I decided to just test the motor and i think something happened inside the VXL motor.

My question is, when full throttle with a motor, should it have a constant drone / whine when it spins? because it's rather difficult to make sounds via text...

it goes: VZZZZZZZZZZ--ooo--VZZZZZZZZ--ooo--VZZZZZZZ

at high speeds, so if that makes any sense, or anyone has an idea?
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 8.03.12, 3:02 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Sounds to me like the magnets were seperated from the shaft ... sorry about that. bud
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
Super B - 8.03.12, 3:15 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
Sounds to me like the magnets were seperated from the shaft ... sorry about that. bud
+1 on that. Sounds like some motor internal diagnostics is in order
Custom LCG 2wd slash
Wroncho
R1 "The Money Pit"
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 8.03.12, 4:55 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
ahh you're totally right, that makes complete sense, I was guessing maybe the bearing inside had deformed, but i'd put money on it that it's that. Well I'm glad my sound effects were interpretable through text, hahaha. Yea, spoke to traxxas, should have a new motor/esc come in next week sometime.

He's down, but not out!
"Experienced user"
Super B - 8.03.12, 4:57 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said
ahh you're totally right, that makes complete sense, I was guessing maybe the bearing inside had deformed, but i'd put money on it that it's that. Well I'm glad my sound effects were interpretable through text, hahaha. Yea, spoke to traxxas, should have a new motor/esc come in next week sometime.

He's down, but not out!

Under warranty?
Custom LCG 2wd slash
Wroncho
R1 "The Money Pit"
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 8.03.12, 8:23 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
well im glad you got that squared away,my first veli melt down, i must of taken the trans apart 5 times before i realized it was shaft seperation lol oh and dont feel bad because mines down too and like yours, not out (yet), im taking her out to the desert this sunday taking the 4s and bashing it till the motor says "daddy"
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 8.03.12, 8:49 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
... im taking her out to the desert this sunday taking the 4s and bashing it till the motor says "daddy"
hahah! ah that's great, well don't worry, my truck is nicknamed big daddy lol, because he competes with gas t-maxxes and revo's lol so they blow it away in size, but he performs just as well lol.

Yea super, always under warranty when you call traxxas, they're always more than happy to replace it for their customers, this is my 2nd VXL now :[
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 8.03.12, 9:22 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
lol that motor is gonna wish it was never installed and yeah same here i spank a savage xl down the block with ease lol