Thanks a lot man!
Well I put the bodies up on eBay starting at 99 cents and then the bidders bid up from there so there is really no set price, only when the bidding stops. I'm nearly complete with my second body now and I have more on the way. If you'd like a body specially designed, I'm sure we could work it out, just let me know.
Thanks, I'm a big fan of the decal and liked how it looked on the side like that
The netting in the vent holes is actually just left over window screen, just cut out and epoxxy'd onto the body.
The metal grate was purchased at home depot. It was a side vent grate for a house. only $2.00
and then I used eppoxy to glue it onto the side window and the rear flo vents.
However I would not recommend epoxxy to glue them on because as the body flexed, the side windows stayed rigid and pulled off the paint. I would recommend using for small screws with locknuts instead of eppoxy. But that's how i learned! :P
Day One at the Track:
So the day began by me attempting to run my battery down so that i could recharge it for a practice day at the track, since i had used it throughout the day to get my steering tuned since I was having so much trouble with it. I ditched the 4wd bellcrank... yes you heard me. i simply just could NOT get the correct geometry! I know people say they could get it to work flawlessly.. but not me. I tried and tried and tried and tried. So it was back to the stock bellcrank, but the stock bellcrank was not creating the oversteer I was looking for with its simple white servo saver.. So i said what the heck, why not just run a horn?? Servo saver can't be thaaaaaat important. it'll be fine, it's just one day! WRONG! Wrong, wrong, wrong. Within 20 minutes of driving in front of my house, casually none the less, I had demolished the gears in my servo. So I ripped apart my father's stock rustler and implemented that. The challenge still remained, how would I create the servo arm length I desired while staying safe?? NO SAVER HORN NO PROBLEM! I whipped up this beautiful creation seen in the picture below in a matter of 30 minutes with a dremel and quick thinking! By cutting off the ridges of the arm and the saver, I was attach the two together.. CREATING THE GREATEST SERVO SAVER ARM KNOWN TO MAN! But not really... what I will say though is it got the job done! I ran it for 2-3 hours at the track with no problems or breaks whatsoever! Granted it didn't steer like I wanted, but at least I was at the track! So my driving style went like this... Floor it into the turn, hard brake, pull the wheel, and fast and the furious drift through every turn! It was great! Amusing too! However the "S" turn killed me cause I couldn't go fast enough, but... oh well! In summary there were no broken parts, just some mutilation to the body, but I like to think of them as battle scars