Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
ericmaxman - 8.06.12, 1:33 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Kyosho Germany released first information on the new Scorpion XXL VE 1/7th 2WD buggy. Making use of the iconic Scorpion name and coming based on a 3mm aluminium chassis the off-road vehicle sports a mid-motor layout with heavy duty gear box, adjustable slipper, widely adjustable suspension, big bore shock absorbers and 17mm wheel hex adapters. Designed for the use with one 4S or two 2S LiPo battery packs the buggy incorporates a highly adjustable battery compartment to accommodate various battery sizes and layouts and comes ready-to-run with a water-proof Team Orion Vortex Seven brushless system, 2.4GHz radio system and your choice of two body shell colours.

Length: 680 mm
Width: 402 mm
Height: 244 mm
Track (F): 353 mm;
Track (R): 331 mm
Wheelbase: 452 mm;
Tires (front / rear): 43/71 mm;
Gear ratio: 16:1;
Operating voltage: 2s-4s (7.4 - 14.8 V)
Weight: 4,400 g;

Source: Kyosho Germany [kyosho.de]

8/6/2012: Teaser image posted on Kyosho America's site. Any idea what could it be?

8/16/2012: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8432/7...aa4066b3_b.jpg
(Last edited by theJANG : 9.03.12 at 2:54 am) Reason: Full release
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
WAY - 8.06.12, 1:37 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Looks like a C1 buggy to me?
"New user"
ericmaxman - 8.06.12, 1:38 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
New Scorpion perhaps?
* Nothing to see *
"Unexercised Peer"
el_tonto - 8.06.12, 1:52 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
ericmaxman said
New Scorpion perhaps?
The image name is http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/assets/images/homepages/Banner_big-scorpion.jpg
(Last edited by el_tonto : 8.06.12 at 1:55 am) Reason: Removed URL formatting
"Experienced user"
Jay-Em - 8.06.12, 3:02 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Looks like a smaller DB to me. The cross-brace on the rear-cage of the DB that fits a spare tire, seems to be there. It looks asif there's a driver too... cool..

if it ís a 1/10 DB-like "Scorpion", I'd be really interested. The more towards scale buggies, the happier i am.
(Last edited by Jay-Em : 8.06.12 at 3:05 am)
Axial EXO x 2, Axial Wraith x3, Axial Honcho, Slash 2wd, Venom vmx450, kyosho Ultima DB, Turnigy DB, Tamiya Avante x 2, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Tamiya buggy Champ, Frog, Grasshoppper, touareg, TXT1, Juggernaut 2, HPI mini-trophy, .... Ehhh and many more... I think I have a problem
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 8.06.12, 3:47 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
oh boy, i hope they aren't giving us an "axial" style teaser campaign...
"Experienced user"
reptileman - 8.06.12, 7:35 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
from the looks of it it looks like my new kyosho sand master the styling but they probably made it bigger to race the big size short course Buggies from losi and the new one from associated that's coming out .
"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 8.06.12, 8:12 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Probably a 4x4 1/10 DB. They already have the ultima, so there's no need for another 2wd..
"ExPerieNceD UsEr"
guys2nv - 8.06.12, 9:40 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Just show the dang thing.
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG | Blitz |
|
TLR 22T | Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All | Trains and Lanes, Easton PA

"Da mitten state!!"
discgolferlee - 8.06.12, 11:51 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
defiently not 4wd. front tires look too smooth (no tread)
and looks top be a driver in the cockpit for sure. you can see a little helmet outline.
maybe possibly kyosho entering the 1/5 scale market?????
brushlesshobbies.com