Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Mo. - 8.06.12, 3:25 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hi Peeps,

Will be getting the HPI Savage Flux HP in the couple weeks and want to find out what batteries are best used in this truck.

I was thinking of the turnigy nano-tech 5300mah 2s2p 7.4v lipos. Anyone use these in their Savage?

Look forward to your replies.

Thanks.
"Experienced user"
TheKennyKiller - 8.06.12, 11:57 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Yeah those batteries will do, I've heard good things from a guy who has those batteries only with more mah. SPC make good batteries as well.
"Experienced user"
Mo. - 8.07.12, 5:22 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for that!

I was thinking of maybe going for a pair of 6000's too.
"Mind the gap! KCCO!"
egobrkr - 8.08.12, 12:21 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I am using zippy 45c 5000mah 3s soft packs and they work great. The last time I looked they were 38$ on hobbyking.
"Experienced user"
Bonsnick - 8.25.12, 1:08 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
This is just my opinion but a savage flux HP is expensive so someone recommended some turnigy lipos so I bought some and the lipos once I hooked them up poof they started smoking and before I got them unhooked one of the lipos and the esc caught fire and burnt the body most of the truck and hpi said the lipos I was using were crap and since I was using them it voided the warrenty so I fixed everything and bought some max amps lipo and have had no problems with them my max amps lipos have over 1200 cycles a piece but some of my friends turnigy lipos only have 50 and they won't work any more so I say buy max amps and get them for life with a lifetime warrenty
"Experienced user"
Mo. - 8.26.12, 12:25 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply. What turnigy lipos did you get? The normal ones or the nano tech ones? I was actually thinking if getting some nano tech, but after reading what you wrote a little uncertain now. I don't know about max amps though, I'm in uk so don't know how that would work.
"Son of a Beach Ball !"
Dinukap4 - 8.26.12, 12:29 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Get some Nano techs mate 45C min
E-RevoŽ #5603
HobbyWing EzRun 150A Pro V2|Mega 22 /45/1E 2100Kv 6 Pole|Towerpro MG996R 10kg Servos|Turnigy NanoTech 45C 6S 5000Mah

Sri Lanka!
"Mind the gap! KCCO!"
egobrkr - 8.26.12, 5:55 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
******* are very expensive. I think Thqts why a lot of people don't buy them. They are some of the best batterys out there. For me, I think there are for people looking for the most performance possible. I am a basher so that is not what I'm looking for. I have a set of 3s 45c 5000mah zIppy lIpo and 6 2s 30c 5000mah sky Lipo. The sky Lipos have at least 100 cycles on the and the zippys I got used. I have not had one problem with any of them over the last 3 months. I would buy any of them again.
"Experienced user"
Bonsnick - 8.27.12, 3:47 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Mo. said
Thanks for the reply. What turnigy lipos did you get? The normal ones or the nano tech ones? I was actually thinking if getting some nano tech, but after reading what you wrote a little uncertain now. I don't know about max amps though, I'm in uk so don't know how that would work.
I got the nano tech lipos to begin with but I have not bought a single one since