Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
3DSteve - 8.13.12, 11:12 am Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Looks like they changed the body just enough so they don't have to pay GM, or whomever the current owners of the Hummer name are.

The real truck is essentially a rear-engine 2WD buggy with an H3 body. It's really popular with spectators, partly because it's so different from the Pajeros/Lancers and Touaregs, and partly because it's usually sideways as it goes by. Plus he runs a huge V8 instead of a small diesel, and people love the sound too.
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 8.13.12, 11:19 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
It's just a new body. Why does there always have to be a "DAM YOU TRAXXAS HATE YOU TRAXXAS WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US" fest every time they release a new body? Seriously?
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
3DSteve - 8.13.12, 11:25 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Is there this much fuss when Tamiya releases an existing touring car with a new body?
"Just Chillen!"
guys2nv - 8.13.12, 11:31 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
People always cry when Traxxas slaps a new body on an existing platform, simply b/c it's Traxxas, just the way it is.

Apparently people want to see a completely new chassis design for every new body they release, which we all know...well most of us that there's a lot involved in making a new chassis and cost's a company a small fortune to make the molds to make the new parts .
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede | Blitz |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All |

"Son of a Beach Ball !"
Dinukap4 - 8.13.12, 11:33 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Slash with a new fugly shell ?
E-RevoŽ #5603
HobbyWing EzRun 150A Pro V2|Mega 22 /45/1E 2100Kv 6 Pole|Towerpro MG996R 10kg Servos|Turnigy NanoTech 45C 6S 5000Mah

Sri Lanka!
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 8.13.12, 11:44 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
Thread title & first line updated. We'll see if that helps curb some of the completely out of control and baseless hate.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"I'll fix it later..."
moshiman - 8.13.12, 11:54 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
I don't know what everyone is complaining its a good change from the norm I want a clear one badly!
Losi 8ight-t tekno converted, Durango DEX408, Duratrax DXR-8E, Losi SCTE, Slash 4x4, Tamiya TT-02
"RC the other white meat."
RacerRC - 8.13.12, 12:06 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
Thread title & first line updated. We'll see if that helps curb some of the completely out of control and baseless hate.
I don't think its hate intended against the Slash Jang. It has to do with the fact that we are bombarded with new stuff all the time and when we see something that looks to be new we expect it to be completely new or redesigned. And this just looks like an advertisement for a new body not an entirely new truck.
"Experienced user"
pinoyboy22 - 8.13.12, 12:12 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
zero-x said
ugly
+1
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 8.13.12, 12:25 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
RacerRC said
when we see something that looks to be new we expect it to be completely new or redesigned.
Then that's the fault of "we," not Traxxas. I'm sure to Traxxas employees they're just releasing a new body. Why the RC community has to turn that into this stop-the-presses-and-hate event every single damn time is pretty infuriating, as we're just shooting our own hobby in the foot for absolutely no reason other than to rant on the Internet because it feels good and we can't get away with it IRL.