Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Blaker - 8.13.12, 12:46 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
wow guys, its just a new body, calm down. its not like Traxxas is trying to advertise a completely new vehicle. Just a body. Im sure there are some Robbie Gordon fans that are thrilled they can now have a body modeled after his truck on their slash.
(2) 2.5 Rustlers
3.3 T-Maxx currently engineless, going to be replaced with something not a 3.3
Evader EXT2 converted to brushless of course
Jammin SCRT10 brushless hobbies 120amp esc/tacon 3660 4000kv
Losi MRC using stock chassis but otherwise practically completely custom
"Experienced user"
swiftxb - 8.13.12, 12:53 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
I think the body is awesome!!! Just what i was looking for "something different." Should look good on my hpi blitz.
"On my 3rd Relapse in RC"
Debonair - 8.13.12, 1:06 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
I'm in for one. Not a lot of H1 based bodies available anymore...

Taking a little longer of a look at it now - it slightly resembles a Toyota Tundra to me. They may tweak it and add some actual licensed Hummer / AM General features to it once it gets approval and goes to production, hopefully.

(Last edited by Debonair : 8.13.12 at 1:18 pm)
98 Tamiya Hummer / 99 HPI RS4 Rally / 11 Stampede 4X4 #1 / 12 Stampede 4X4 #2 / 12 Mad Torque 1/8
13 SCX10 Rubicon / 13 SCX10 Dingo / 13 SCX10 Honcho / 14 Stampede 4x4 Brushless Converted / Exceed Mad Drift for Rally Conversion
"You're right, I'm wrong."
Tittzo - 8.13.12, 1:09 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Debonair said
I'm in for one. Not a lot of H1 based bodies available anymore...
It's supposed to be an H3.
Debonair - 8.13.12, 1:21 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
Tittzo said
It's supposed to be an H3.
Oh. Guess I should have read the info better. Hehe. I think I would still paint it up in H1 style. It looks more like the original and less like the bloated H2.
98 Tamiya Hummer / 99 HPI RS4 Rally / 11 Stampede 4X4 #1 / 12 Stampede 4X4 #2 / 12 Mad Torque 1/8
13 SCX10 Rubicon / 13 SCX10 Dingo / 13 SCX10 Honcho / 14 Stampede 4x4 Brushless Converted / Exceed Mad Drift for Rally Conversion
"Experienced user"
Dewmeister - 8.13.12, 1:41 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Something about this... I dunno. Something is up that I can't quite put my finger on that makes me want to call "fake! fake!" on this one...

Will update if I figure out why I am suspicious.
For time's not a thing one should squander...
Debonair - 8.13.12, 1:55 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
Dewmeister said
Something about this... I dunno. Something is up that I can't quite put my finger on that makes me want to call "fake! fake!" on this one...

Will update if I figure out why I am suspicious.
If its fake then Speed Energy Drink was fooled too. There are more pictures on their FB page which where I assume the OP got them.

"Talking Demon Llama"
Heater - 8.13.12, 2:04 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
I'll be first in line for one....I am a huge Dakar fan and know a guy that raced in it this year on a bike. I don't care for Robby Gordons personality much but boy can he drive that Hummer!

When he was coming down the hill into Iquique Chile his co-driver (desert racing legend Johnny Campell) closed his eyes as they passed 140mph. The following video is of that downhill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfG3KgSR7fU

Direct imbed wouldn't work for some reason.

Would LOVE to have one of those bodies and am kinda regretting having a Slash 4x4 instead of the 2wd that would be more realistic for this body. Oh well, I'll make due.
(Last edited by Heater : 8.13.12 at 2:09 pm)
"Experienced user"
DingMike - 8.13.12, 2:10 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
Debonair said
If its fake then Speed Energy Drink was fooled too. There are more pictures on their FB page which where I assume the OP got them.
Yep, I said that in post #9 in this thread.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 8.13.12, 2:19 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
3DSteve said
Is there this much fuss when Tamiya releases an existing touring car with a new body?
^ That.

Currently, Tamiya has had at LEAST 50 body variants for the various TT-01 models, EXCLUDING the RTR XBs. No one is mad at them for that.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott