Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 8.22.12, 7:42 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Dr. Isotope said
...and not even applicable to this discussion, I'm afraid. We want sensored for a reason. The Tenshock SC401 is a snesorless 3663, where the Trackstar is a sensored 4268. Not even in the same league.
The Tenshock that this should be compared to is the X812.. Sensored and a 6 pole ..only problem is the Tenshock is $140. The last thing I need right now is a new motor, but this new Trackstar does look like a good budget option.
You can't understand cuz you're listening too slow.
"Paddle Tire"
Pyro - 8.22.12, 7:52 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Does this deserve it's own thread, or can it be bundled with this one?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2100KV.html

It's physically larger, and lower KV, yet strangely only rated for 4s vs 5s of the OP motor. It is still sensored though.
Losi 8ight-TE 2.0, OFNA Hyper Sprint E-conversion, Losi e-LST XXL, Losi 8ight-E 2.0, Team Durango DESC210, Quanum Vandal
"New user"
ericmaxman - 8.22.12, 7:55 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
I believe it would be fine to continue discussions here, but try not to stray away from the TrackStar motor.
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 8.22.12, 8:10 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Pyro said
Does this deserve it's own thread, or can it be bundled with this one?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2100KV.html

It's physically larger, and lower KV, yet strangely only rated for 4s vs 5s of the OP motor. It is still sensored though.
Based solely on specs this one doesn't sound as interesting as the motor listed in the OP. Lower wattage and higher amp draw.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 8.22.12, 8:11 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
RCWiily said
The Tenshock that this should be compared to is the X812.. Sensored and a 6 pole ..only problem is the Tenshock is $140.
Which is simply absurd, IMO. The Tenshock name carries no more weight for me than Turnigy or Hobbywing. So I've no idea why they think they can charge Tekin prices.

When I blew out the rotor in my T8, I sat down to contemplate how long that motor lasted (I mean, it's still going, but how long did it last "OEM") first considering that I bought it used, and then drove-- by conservative estimate-- 800 battery packs through it. Perhaps 200 hours of runtime. And THAT is why the Tekin is worth the money, and the Tenshock should be priced in line with the Trackstar.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 8.22.12, 8:31 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
It's really only the X812 that is pricey. The rest of their line are pretty good values. I understand why the Tenshock name doesn't carry much weight, since they don't have distribution in the US and are primarily in the RC boat business, but their products from my experience are very well made, and they do offer motors that no other company does including their sensored 6 and 8 pole motors.
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 8.28.12, 12:48 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
I guess it will be available in other kv ratings too..

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 9.10.12, 2:47 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
Was missing my sensored motor so I thought I give one of these a try... Probably won't have time to run it until the weekend, but thought I'd throw up a couple of pics.

I haven't checked the Hobby King site but based on the box it looks like a larger Truggy sized motor will be offered too.

and here it is in between a Trackstar 4068 and a Castle 1515.

The motor comes with a sensor cable but no bullets connectors.
"Experienced user"
UncagedEmaxx15 - 9.10.12, 2:55 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Sweet purchase, tell us how it runs after u get to try it out.
Red Emaxx,3.8 Mashers Black Rpm Arms,Rpm Bumpers
Green Arrma Granite Duratrax Element 3900Kv system
Micro T-28 Trojan
"Paddle Tire"
Pyro - 9.10.12, 10:05 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
If/when they release a larger version, I will have to give one a try. I really wanted a sensored 1/8th scale truggy motor, but just couldn't bring myself to get a Tekin.
Losi 8ight-TE 2.0, OFNA Hyper Sprint E-conversion, Losi e-LST XXL, Losi 8ight-E 2.0, Team Durango DESC210, Quanum Vandal