Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
mwarner57 - 1.08.13, 7:29 am Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Is the Tx compatible with Spektrum DSM receivers? Looking for an inexpensive computer radio that I can bind to my Losi Micro SCT.
"New user"
ericmaxman - 1.08.13, 3:16 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
mwarner57 said
Is the Tx compatible with Spektrum DSM receivers? Looking for an inexpensive computer radio that I can bind to my Losi Micro SCT.
I dont think this is DSM compatible.
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
mwarner57 - 1.09.13, 7:15 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info!
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.08.13, 4:00 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Kev71H said
ANYONE know if this radio has 3 channel mixing?? Like from front brakes / rear brakes??
Did you ever buy this radio? I have the same question as well.

I wonder if anyone has confirmed which brand this radio is compatible with?
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.09.13, 3:37 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
I guess I'll be the guinea pig, just ordered the radio and will test it out and post a review of my impressions comparing it to FlySky and RadioPost
Basher:

"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 4.09.13, 5:52 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
I guess I'll be the guinea pig, just ordered the radio and will test it out and post a review of my impressions comparing it to FlySky and RadioPost
good luck with that! i just read a review of this radio over on big squid, and it got the lowest score of all of the radios in the test. it's a good read:

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/2-4ghz-tra...-shootout-two/

it has convinced me that i CAN actually afford to go Futaba for my next radio.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.09.13, 6:36 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
I always take Big Squid reviews with a grain of salt, they are extremely biased and never rate/test their stuff anywhere near what I would do.

They left out the most important factor in their shootout... Framerate testing, doh!

To be completely honest, I am more interested in learning what brand the 3XS - Rx is a clone of. If the Tx happens to work for me, then great, I'll keep it as a basher radio, but the more I continue to race with my RadioPost, the less I like my FlySky radios, it really does make a huge difference on the track and I promise I will be honest in where the 3XS stands. I really hope it includes throttle mixing because I don't want to have to buy another expensive RadioPost Rx for my MotoGP and it's a pain to swap out Rx's as its more of a basher than a racer, and my FlySky radios don't have mixing so they are in jeopardy of being sold off assuming I find a more suitable replacement.

My only peeves with RadioPost are no charge jack on the Tx, hard to see screen in direct sunlight, slow boot-up/ sync sequence, must cycle radio when switching cars and power hungry.

It would be nice to find another radio that had equal frame rate and operated just as smooth as Radio Post while addressing my concerns with the TS401.
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 4.09.13 at 6:45 am)
Basher:

"Paddle Tire"
Pyro - 4.09.13, 9:18 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
I really hope it includes throttle mixing because I don't want to have to buy another expensive RadioPost Rx for my MotoGP and it's a pain to swap out Rx's as its more of a basher than a racer, and my FlySky radios don't have mixing so they are in jeopardy of being sold off assuming I find a more suitable replacement.
This might not be the best place to discuss it, but have you considered a FlySky iT4?

They can be had for $150, but extra RXs are $15-20. They have channel mixing and telemetry. I don't know if anyone has actually tested the framerate. I want to pick one up, but have some prior monetary commitments.
Losi 8ight-TE 2.0, OFNA Hyper Sprint E-conversion, Losi e-LST XXL, Losi 8ight-E 2.0, Team Durango DESC210, Quanum Vandal
"Experienced user"
Quik89si - 4.09.13, 10:32 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Definitely interested in seeing some additional first-hand experiences with this radio!
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.09.13, 10:34 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Pyro said
This might not be the best place to discuss it, but have you considered a FlySky iT4?

They can be had for $150, but extra RXs are $15-20. They have channel mixing and telemetry. I don't know if anyone has actually tested the framerate. I want to pick one up, but have some prior monetary commitments.
I'm willing to take a $50 gamble, not a $150 gamble... plus nobody knows what other brand the iT4 Rx's are compatible with.
Basher: