Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
ericmaxman - 8.29.12, 5:05 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote

TrackStar performance now in comes in easy to select Combo package!
Using a Fast Silicon Labs MCU and high quality On-Semiconductor MOSFETs the TrackStar 18A ESC sets a new standard in high quality yet affordable car ESCs. With Intelligent MCU logic the TrackStar series ESCs allow extremely precise start up control and positioning feed back from the motor. Combined with the quality 4 pole motor this translates in to very smooth start up and acceleration and torque.
The Turnigy TrackStar 18A ESC also boasts a host of programing options not usually found in an ESC of this size and can be programmed with ease via the Turnigy TrackStar programing card (sold separately)
ESC Specification:
Cont. Current: 18A
Burst Current: 25A
Car Size: 1/18th
Battery: 2-3 Cell Lipo / 4-9 Cell Ni-XX
L-BEC: 5V / 1A Output
Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless
Size: 30 x 26.1 x 13.8mm
Weight: 26g (Including wires)
Motor Plugs: 3.5mm Bullet type
Battery Plug: Required
On/Off Switch: Yes
Reverse: Yes
Motor Specifications:
Turns: 10T
KV value: 6100KV
Poles: 4
Diameter: 21.5mm
Motor length: 37mm
Extend shaft diameter: 2mm
Length of extend shaft: 110.5mm
Weight: 60g
No loading @ 7.2V: 2.7A
Max current: 40A
Resistance (Ω): 0.021Ω
Battery range: 2~3s 7.4v~11.1v
Operation Temperature: 80
Max Temperature 130
Suitable car scale: 1/18
Suitable ESC: 25A
Thickness of lamination: 0.2X20mm

NOTE: We suggest reducing your gearing if running this motor on 3S.

10T / 6100 kv

12T / 5050 kv

14T / 4300 kv
(Last edited by theJANG : 8.31.12 at 12:23 pm)
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 8.29.12, 5:48 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
rebadged toro system. which is a good thing from what i have heard. i have heard mostly positive stuff about toro!
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.29.12, 5:54 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
that 4300kv sounds good.

though for 35 bucks i could buy enough fireball 370's to last me a while. hmm.
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"Experienced user"
Bernard C - 8.29.12, 6:48 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I bought the 4300kv combo for my duratrax vendetta but it went somewhat bad. First the motor doesn't fit the mount (and all the holes are the same distance apart on the motor) and then I notice that the shaft is a little smaller than 2mm, the pinion was loose. Kind of a deception if you ask me. I still use the esc with no problem though. I have yet to find a car to fit the motor. Too bad.
"Experienced user"
kirbenvost - 8.29.12, 10:30 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Looks exactly like a Toro Micro system. Other than the motor mount hole position problem, I've had nothing but good experiences with mine. Maybe now the program card will be easier to find!
"Experienced user"
razorRC - 8.29.12, 7:03 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
its a toro system
slash 4x4, slash 2wd vxl, mini revo w/ 550 castle sidewinder sv2, two rustler vxl's, backslash, two losi mini dt's, homemade slash 4x4 made frome spare parts, parrot a.r drone, blade mcx, blade 120sr, two syma s103g's, rc foam glider. and that is most of my rc stuff
"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 8.30.12, 11:13 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I have a toro kit in my micro RS4 and a trackstar kit waiting to go into my mini DT, and I can confirm they are functionally identical. Not a bad little kit for $35, and a heck or a lot faster than the sub-380 silvercan that come stock in the micro RS4. If you have a 1/18 car that is still running on stock brushed electronics, this is probably the best (cheap) way to go.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage
"Experienced user"
Streetshaker - 8.30.12, 2:07 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Bernard C said
I bought the 4300kv combo for my duratrax vendetta but it went somewhat bad. First the motor doesn't fit the mount (and all the holes are the same distance apart on the motor) and then I notice that the shaft is a little smaller than 2mm, the pinion was loose. Kind of a deception if you ask me. I still use the esc with no problem though. I have yet to find a car to fit the motor. Too bad.
It's loose because your stock motor uses. 2.3mm shaft. Not 2mm. Duratrax also uses a metric 48p pinions and spur on their Minis which is a huge pita to find 2mm pinions for.

For $35 I may have to finally bring my Mini Quake into this century Haha
ARRMA: Granite
Axial: EXO
Duratrax: Mini Quake, Evader
Exceed: Drift King, MaxStone10
Traxxas: Summit, KB Fiesta VXL
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 8.31.12, 4:41 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Bernard C said

an easy fix for the slightly small shaft is too wrap a littl bit of aluminum foil around your shaft once or twice. that usually adds the little bit of extra size needed.
"Experienced user"
Bernard C - 8.31.12, 7:17 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
to Streetshaker : I hope you are right but I used a hobbywing ezrun 2030 motor (2mm shaft diameter on their site) on my vendetta and the pinion fitted perfectly. I must admit that I haven't measured the shaft so, I might well be wrong.

to STEEL-CITY-CRWL : thanks for the advice, I will test it as soon as I find a small car for the motor.