Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Heeelmooi - 9.12.12, 12:42 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
It looks somewhat like the Redcat 8e line, but definitely is a different vehicle.

One thing I was interested is to see the servo saver unit, as that was sorely lacking on the 8e's. The servo saver itself looks a little more sturdy, but what strikes me is that the steering bar, seems to be made out of plastic! The alu one on the 8e's would bend on any jump, I really wonder what this will do.

Other than that, the trucks looks alright, especially the Zombie like everyone said, the price is a little high though, compared to Nitrorcx or Hobbyking, but then this does have a few more alumium parts (shocks & shock towers).
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser VE - Tamiya Bear Hawk - Wild Willy 2 - Hobbyking Trailblazer 1/8 MT - Thunder Tiger (S)MT4 G3 - Losi 8ight-T 2.0 - HPI Vorza - HK Monster Beatle (GF) - TT E-mta (sold) - MERV (sold)
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 9.12.12, 6:07 am Post #32: | Reply With Quote
A point in DHK's favor, they also include LiPo and balance chargers. I'm just interested to see the durability. The HP Outlaw was AWFUL. Would break if you looked at it sideways. And parts can only be had through Hobby People, so that alone is a dealbreaker for many.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 9.12.12, 11:30 am Post #33: | Reply With Quote
They include LiPo, but 2600mah 3S in a 1/8th scale?
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Vacationing user"
turbo4age - 9.12.12, 12:22 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Dr. Isotope said
The HP Outlaw was AWFUL. Would break if you looked at it sideways. And parts can only be had through Hobby People, so that alone is a dealbreaker for many.
i agree. i ended up putting a ton of aluminum, custom parts, 12mm hexes, and rpm arms on mine. it made it pretty much bullet proof, but i need some longer rear axles now.
"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 9.12.12, 12:38 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
I literally got a bit of vomit in my throat when I saw it.
"Experienced user"
TehJam - 9.12.12, 1:26 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
I've driven the optimus, My friend bought it. It was very dull. 3s compatible but even on 2s it under steered like a train. Managed to bend the shock tower quite quickly too.
Currently own : HPI Apache C1 Flux, SC10 4x4
Based in the UK
http://www.youtube.com/user/RemoteControlFreaks
"ostrich user"
iansudduth22 - 9.14.12, 9:37 am Post #37: | Reply With Quote
the zombie one is intreasting kinda cool
RC is to Man as what Diamonds are to Women...excepts diamonds dont do wheelies down the street at 40 mph. LOL
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 9.14.12, 9:52 am Post #38: | Reply With Quote
I'm definitely more intrigued by the Maximus, as it looks almost identical to the Zombie platform, but runs on 4S. I'll just wait around for a dirt cheap roller to appear somewhere, and fix the flaws DIY style. I've been resisting it, but I think the next vehicle build for me will almost certainly be something 4wd off-road. I basically just need the drivetrain/motormount. I can cover the rest.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
kennydslash - 9.14.12, 10:14 am Post #39: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
They include LiPo, but 2600mah 3S in a 1/8th scale?
Battery life...... it's dead once you've gone 5 feet.
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!
"Experienced user"
Titus - 9.23.12, 7:57 am Post #40: | Reply With Quote
I ask this because, yesterday a track day a guy was doing demos on these that is starting a hobby shop. He was selling the demo models below cost at the end of a day and gave one away raffle style. I got to play around and they were nice. I could not find any thing wrong with them. At the end of the day of running nothing broke I looked hard on these after a ton of crashes was kind of hard to believe. So has any one heard of this line and have any more input?

http://www.dhkhobby.com/index.asp
All that is not given is lost...