Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 9.18.12, 3:34 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote

http://prolineracing.com/performance...mance-chassis/

This is Pro-2 Performance Chassis Conversion Kit for the Slash® 2WD. The 2WD Slash® is one of the most important and successful vehicles in the History of RC because it brought affordable scale realism to the masses. Since its release, racers have been modifying and hopping up every aspect of the vehicle to improve its performance but they have always been stuck with a chassis that is 2 inches too high… until now! After a long time of design, development and testing, Pro-Line is proud to release the Pro-2 Performance chassis, which has been specifically designed to bring your Slash® up to racing specifications. Every feature you would expect to find in a high-end race chassis is now available for your Slash®. This new Pro-2 Performance Chassis also goes along great with Pro-Line’s Performance Transmission!

Super Tough 7075 Aluminum Chassis
Short Course trucks take a beating and nothing is as durable and long-lasting as Hard Anodized Aircraft-grade Aluminum. The super narrow and sleek Pro-Line chassis extends from the front bulkhead to completely underneath the Transmission for complete protection and uniform stiffness front to rear. Everything mounts down the center-line of the chassis for perfect side-to-side weight bias. Installation is also easy with Instructions included and each bag of parts separated by assembly steps. Each part bag is also available separately for replacements directly through Pro-Line.

Completely Adjustable Weight Bias
The Battery and ESC placement are easily adjustable to achieve the ideal weight bias for your track’s current conditions. The Battery can be placed from all the way in front, right behind the laid-down servo, to the very back against the shock tower. That gives you 7.5” of room front to back to find the ideal spot for the heaviest single component in your vehicle. The ESC can be placed either directly on the chassis for the ultimate in Low Center of Gravity or on the removable Top Deck to allow the battery to slide underneath. Pro-Line engineers also accommodated “Shorty” battery packs to give you the option to run a super-lightweight setup. When you need more steering, simply move the battery forward and when you need more rear traction, slide the battery back. It’s that easy!

Durable Aluminum Servo Mounts and Steering Posts
The servo is secured by beefy Hard Anodized Aluminum mounts that lay the servo down for the lowest center of gravity possible. The Pro-2 Performance Chassis kit also includes Aluminum Steering Posts for the strongest and smoothest steering rack mount possible. The Servo area also features Blue-Anodized Aluminum washers and spacers to give it that Pro-Line Blue touch.

Jet Fighter Inspired Side Pods and Bumpers
There are so many other awesome features that make Pro-Line’s Pro-2 Performance Chassis a must have for Slash® owners. The side pods reduce chassis flex and provide a convenient location for the Velcro® battery straps. The functional and removable side bumpers are inspired by Jet Fighter wings and finish off the futuristic look of the Pro-2 Performance Chassis.

Sale price: $127.46

http://prolineracing.com/performance...mance-chassis/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6093-00-1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	37669  Click image for larger version

Name:	6093-00-2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	37670  Click image for larger version

Name:	6093-00-3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	37671  Click image for larger version

Name:	6093-00-4.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	37672  Click image for larger version

Name:	6093-00-5.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	37673  
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 9.18.12, 4:09 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I'm not a genius, but I'm also pretty sure I'm not an idiot. This... thing... I do not understand. I don't understand what it's for. It makes no sense to me.

Analytical breakdown of Pic #5.

Proline Pro 2 chassis $149
Proline gearbox $99
Proline Protrac $59
Proline Powerstrokes $104
Proline body mounts $13
Proline tires (Ions?) ~$48 for 4
MIP C-CVD $37
Novak Edge 2 + Ballistic (guessing, I can't see it very well) $160
Airtronics FHSS-3 Rx $130
AMB/MyLaps transponder $105
Slash front + rear bumpers $20
Asst. doodads (front bulkhead, screws, misc.) $25
In early pics, I remember the servo being an AE DS1015 $100

Total (drumroll) $1,049

...with no body on it +($40 minimum,) and there has to be a radio to go to that Rx (which we can only assume is an M11 or M12.)

My mind is officially boggled.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Sweg"
Tim Eggers - 9.18.12, 4:27 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I really like it. Hopefully it is fairly durable.
Rules are just helpful guidelines for stupid people
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 9.18.12, 4:30 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Doc... I am with you... but you know full well; that you could sell dozens of your one-off chassis (stock replacement style) for $124.99 each year here on URC alone.

then figure in how many kids go to the LHS and see one on a shelf, or in an issue of RC Car Action or any other... and they "have to have it"... because their buddy doesn't.

Its the age old pissing contest.

(for that kind of money... ANZA or Chucks would have my business)
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Just Chillen!"
guys2nv - 9.18.12, 4:42 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I do like how it looks but the TLR 22 SCT will be in my hands come spring 2013.
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede | Blitz |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All |

"Experienced user"
derekb - 9.18.12, 5:30 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Ive seen the tlr 22sct up close in person...looks very slick and per my buddy drives even slicker!
FT B4.2 john deere ed. Tekin RsG2 + LRP X20 9.5T or SMC 9.5T
Slash 4x4 Ford F150 Raptor w/STRC lcg chassis. Revtech 4800kv + RxGen2

Criminals don't follow gun laws! Preserve OUR 2nd Amendment!
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 9.18.12, 5:47 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
The "look at everything we sell for this truck... because that's our business, selling things" demo vehicle is definitely insane in price. However this chassis kit that's announced here is competitively priced with the only other thing on the market like it, the Anza chassis. I wonder what the chances are that someone with a lot of racing experience will do an objective, unbiased comparison between those two products. I have a feeling the chances are extremely slim, and bench racers will own the day as usual.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
jamisonusmc - 9.18.12, 6:24 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
It looks like an airplane.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 9.18.12, 6:37 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
That upper plate still makes me laff. It's fine to have a piece look like that if it's CF or aluminum. But ProTrac plastic, 1/8" thick? Talk about nervous.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
borisdamole - 9.18.12, 7:29 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
They had one at Westcoast... its SWEET!

I know the guy who was running it and he said his was pretty much a 1off first batch....

He is still playing with the setups, but its running well....
It looks JUST like a 22sct when you put it side by side....

The new transmission feels good also...
XO-1, Flux TCS 5b, 5T, MT4-g3, Savage Flux, Flux XS, SCTE, Mini erevo, Ken BlockGymkhana, Cup Racer 240z, Monster Pirate, Nitro 4tec, Savage 25, Pede 4x4/ slash 4x4, Night Crawler, T4