Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Sicky sicky gnar gnar"
traxxasslash95 - 9.19.12, 2:37 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Bottom line is, it will sell, and sell, and sell. People will go ooh, shiny and buy it because they think it'll make them awesome. Nobody ever gets screwed over in economics. Pro-line trades someone the product and the person trades the money. It should be a win win, both sides gain some satisfaction and feel that what they received is worth more than what they traded, that's the fundamental idea of a transaction. If someone don't like it, that's not going to stop P-L from making it. The market decides if it will sell and only the market can decide if it gets dropped. And I'm gonna say right now, P-L is gonna make a ridiculous profit margin on this. Seems like a good product idea to me.
Moo.
"Vacationing user"
turbo4age - 9.19.12, 3:48 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
Can't have Proline mentioned in a thread anymore without it turning into a one-man hailstorm. Dr. I how many times & how many ways must you say you don't like Pro-Line, don't like what they do, don't like their products, they're overpriced & too low of quality for you? It's a perfectly fine stance to have. I've no qualms with it. However, it feels like you're on a mission to drill it into the head of every single URC member. You're probably not, but I'm telling you, that's what it looks like from this side of the intertube. You bring your soapbox to every Pro-Line related thread.
its just mindless, self absorbed, rhetoric... entertaining to read and engage.

jang, what you said is accurate.

how gracious of him to "let us have it".

traxxasslash95 said
Seems like a good product idea to me.
likewise.
(Last edited by turbo4age : 9.19.12 at 3:51 pm)
"Experienced user"
BobT - 9.19.12, 3:55 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
There are those of us who have had a Slash from day one. As the other makers put out better racing SCs, to keep pace with them I improved my slash a little at a time. Pro-track, shocks, tranny, Savo servo, etc. So to me this new chassis is an option; $350 for a new 22SCT or $150 for a 22SCT look-a-like.

Some of us just like to take a pig's ear and turn it into a silk-like purse.
Bob T
Support your local hobby shop.
THE USER'S MANUAL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR VEHICLE.
"Vacationing user"
turbo4age - 9.19.12, 4:00 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
im thinking about picking one of these up and converting my stampede over to something entirely different.
"New user"
ericmaxman - 9.19.12, 4:01 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
traxxasslash95 said
Bottom line is, it will sell, and sell, and sell. People will go ooh, shiny and buy it because they think it'll make them awesome. Nobody ever gets screwed over in economics. Pro-line trades someone the product and the person trades the money. It should be a win win, both sides gain some satisfaction and feel that what they received is worth more than what they traded, that's the fundamental idea of a transaction. If someone don't like it, that's not going to stop P-L from making it. The market decides if it will sell and only the market can decide if it gets dropped. And I'm gonna say right now, P-L is gonna make a ridiculous profit margin on this. Seems like a good product idea to me.
+1 to this.
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
Syldain - 9.19.12, 4:18 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
It might not make alot of sense to buy a slash brand new and convert it but I'm sure there are alot of slashes (slashs? bleh...) that are already upgraded with everything that's already out there. For the person who already put all that money into it I don't see why they wouldn't want to get one.

All I want to see is a nice shootout between this and the anza.
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 9.19.12, 4:44 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
well, the centerline junk does make handling better, (I did a completely centered chassis set-up with my own CUSTOM slash chassis)
"Experienced user"
St. George - 9.19.12, 5:08 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
I looked at this thread just to see what Dr. Isotope had to say! Proline should pay you just to keep quiet
"RC the other white meat."
RacerRC - 9.19.12, 6:32 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
They haven't convinced this guy. I will stick to my Rustler LCG kit. Cheaper and works just as good.
"Experienced user"
stregone - 9.20.12, 3:11 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
I will eventualy get one of thes. Mostly just for the hell of it though.