Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Derp"
Quanz56 - 9.20.12, 6:37 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
Wonder how long until it's actually available to purchase.
"Experienced user"
UncagedEmaxx15 - 9.20.12, 6:57 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
Looks pretty good IMO.
Red Emaxx,3.8 Mashers Black Rpm Arms,Rpm Bumpers
Green Arrma Granite Duratrax Element 3900Kv system
Micro T-28 Trojan
"Experienced user"
Flying Dutchman - 9.22.12, 7:10 am Post #43: | Reply With Quote
Their margins on these sort of parts is quite large. I know, because I could replicate one of these as a one off, including hard-coating the aluminum, and molding and casting the parts, and it would come out in the ~$200 area.
I am very familiar in the metal mold and plastics industry as well as prototyping and if you are talking about simply copying the design by casting the parts in a silicone mold then molding parts from it in plastic then 200.00 to even 300.00 is a bit of a stretch, heck I know it is. That is not even including the time to measure out the center aluminum chassis and the machine time to make it.

If your talking about creating a one off design from a blank sheet of paper, when you consider design time and machine time and all the materials involved, you are not even in the same galaxy of around $200.00

This is why prototypes will always cost a fortune more than the actual production item.

Back to the topic though, I have a full blown CF option Anza Chassis for my so called Slash. If I do say so myself, asside from a few holes in the middle, that center aluminum chassis looks almost identical to the Anza one I have.
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 9.22.12, 7:20 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
I think the molded plastic would be the big-ticket item, there. The actual aluminum could be cut on a water jet and bent...for about $75-100 from the shop I work at. Unfortunately, I don't know how one would mold the plastic bits without an injection molding machine and the associated $30,000 mold cavity given the type of thermoplastic typically used.
The American James May
"Experienced user"
Drewderzslash - 9.22.12, 11:00 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
I will never buy this, this is about as silly as it gets.
put 150 bucks into a truck that was 250 to begin with, and its still a slash.
Andrew T. Larson
"Experienced user"
razorRC - 9.25.12, 4:07 pm Post #46: | Reply With Quote
The only thing stock on the example car is the bumpers lol
slash 4x4, slash 2wd vxl, mini revo w/ 550 castle sidewinder sv2, two rustler vxl's, backslash, two losi mini dt's, homemade slash 4x4 made frome spare parts, parrot a.r drone, blade mcx, blade 120sr, two syma s103g's, rc foam glider. and that is most of my rc stuff
"Experienced user"
borisdamole - 9.25.12, 5:53 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
razorRC said
The only thing stock on the example car is the bumpers lol
They have new bumpers coming out soon....

I have seen them!
XO-1, Flux TCS 5b, 5T, MT4-g3, Savage Flux, Flux XS, SCTE, Mini erevo, Ken BlockGymkhana, Cup Racer 240z, Monster Pirate, Nitro 4tec, Savage 25, Pede 4x4/ slash 4x4, Night Crawler, T4
"Experienced user"
rm25x - 10.08.12, 4:32 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
If I was a short course fan I would build a Pro-Line truck just because it would be fun.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 10.08.12, 5:56 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
There's a gentleman over on RC Short Course that has almost completed the "as pictured in the ad" ProLine Slash build. He's still using stock driveshafts and less-costly-than-Novak electronics, but it has at least $550 worth of ProLine doodads on it.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
borisdamole - 10.09.12, 1:49 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
Dr. Isotope said
There's a gentleman over on RC Short Course that has almost completed the "as pictured in the ad" ProLine Slash build. He's still using stock driveshafts and less-costly-than-Novak electronics, but it has at least $550 worth of ProLine doodads on it.
I have seen one in person with MORE proline stuff than this....

proline has lighter bumpers coming out for it
XO-1, Flux TCS 5b, 5T, MT4-g3, Savage Flux, Flux XS, SCTE, Mini erevo, Ken BlockGymkhana, Cup Racer 240z, Monster Pirate, Nitro 4tec, Savage 25, Pede 4x4/ slash 4x4, Night Crawler, T4