Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Vacationing user"
Traxxas711 - 10.14.12, 6:34 am Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Me is gonna buy 1!!!!!!!!
"Experienced user"
ngv1515 - 11.26.12, 8:11 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
I'm new to hobby rc thanks to the New Bright toy rc i got for my 2year old son. It was too slow for him, lol. So I got the 1/10 e-revo brushless. that was a little Too FAST! Then to take advantage of the 2 NiHm batteries I got the 2wd slash Which my 8 year old drives.

The dam thing keeps flipping !!!!!!!! We all hate to drive the slash. $370 down the drain..... :,(

I want to buy a low center of gravity chassis to actually enjoy my slash

P.S. the1/10 traxxas rally came out a week later after I got my slash...... I was furious!!!!
"Experienced user"
ngv1515 - 12.02.12, 10:45 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
I just got mine over the weekend. The built wasn't easy for me because my 12, 800 mah traxxas battery did not fit. I end up using electric tape to secure the water proof receiver box. the stock servo had a round horn with a spring in it, it didn't fit. I had to go to my local hobby store to get a regular horn. Once I was done..... best slash ever!!!!! I love it, it won't flip anymore. BUT.........after 10 minutes the plastic servo gears broke because the traxxas aluminum steering does not have the spring damper. I had to go back to the hobby store to get a servo with metal gears.
"Experienced user"
JayhawkNavy02 - 12.21.12, 11:16 am Post #54: | Reply With Quote
Anyone racing this in 2WD stock? How does it do?

Also since the truck is about 14 oz heavier than the Losi or Associated does racing mod make more sense due to the weight?
Team Associated RC8.2e, Losi TEN-SCTE, Pro-Line Pro-2 2WD SCT, Axial SCX10 Dingo, Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL Truggy, Traxxas Mini-Summit VXL 4x4
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 12.21.12, 11:22 am Post #55: | Reply With Quote
I can't comprehend how the ProLine setup could weigh more than stock. An STRC LCG converted Slash, with no other changes, weighs 5oz less than a box-stock Slash. Where are they hiding all of that weight?

Even if it is heavier by a few ounces, most of those 22SCT and FT SC10 guys have 5-6oz of weight glued to their trucks, either for handling, or to make weight for the class.
(Last edited by Dr. Isotope : 12.21.12 at 11:25 am)
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
JayhawkNavy02 - 12.21.12, 11:39 am Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Dr Isotope, I never made the statement this would weigh more than stock.

The post that I obtained the weight from was posts from their Team Driver, even with every Pro-Line upgrade it looks heavier.

The first setup was 14.5 oz heavier than an SC-10 with a comparable race setup is an accurate statement, however additional weight is due to the RX-8. He later changes the ESC to the Tekin RS Pro with a race weight of 5.3 lbs.

Question still stands. Looking for someone who races a PRO-2 Pro Line setup. trying to find out if it is too heavy a truck to run a 17.5T in stock and be competitive.

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...2-build-3.html
(Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 : 12.25.12 at 2:23 pm)
Team Associated RC8.2e, Losi TEN-SCTE, Pro-Line Pro-2 2WD SCT, Axial SCX10 Dingo, Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL Truggy, Traxxas Mini-Summit VXL 4x4
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 12.21.12, 5:28 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
*disregard*
The American James May
"In the mirror you'll see a dog"
Rodarbal - 12.21.12, 5:40 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Sooooo... when is Proline going to release their own vehicle already?
RJ Labrador
Pavement: M05, Mi3.5, Mi4LP & Mi4CXL
Dirt: MBX6 Eco, XXX-SCT & XXX-T MF1
Bash: RC-10T & the CLOD!
"Experienced user"
JayhawkNavy02 - 12.25.12, 2:25 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
ngv1515 said
I just got mine over the weekend. The built wasn't easy for me because my 12, 800 mah traxxas battery did not fit.
Because its a race focused chassis and most mains are 10, 8 or 5 minutes, I don't think they expected anything larger than a 5000 - 7000 mah 2S LiPo going into it. 2S is the typical limit for 2WD SCT for most tracks, with some allowing 3S for "club racing" until you have a large event, then back to 2S.
(Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 : 1.04.13 at 8:20 pm)