Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 9.21.12, 6:05 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
The biggest 1/8 monster truck finally (officially) moves into the modern age with a brushless RTR called the GST-E.

For those not familiar with the Genesis line, they're big. Bigger than a LST XXL or a Savage XL. They've always relied on big nitro mills to power them. But after years of folks -[b][DISALLOWED -- edit your post][/b]--[b][DISALLOWED -- edit your post][/b]--[b][DISALLOWED -- edit your post][/b]--[b][DISALLOWED -- edit your post][/b]--[b][DISALLOWED -- edit your post][/b]--[b][DISALLOWED -- edit your post][/b]--[b][DISALLOWED -- edit your post][/b]- together brushless conversion on their own, CEN has finally announced an official brushless version of the truck. It appears they've done it right, replacing the multi-speed transmission with a fully-enclosed center diff mated to a CNC aluminum brushless motor mount. The rest of the truck remains pretty much the same, which is to say big and sturdy. I'm not sure the 80A hobbywing ESC they've chosen is beefy enough for a truck of this size and weight, but at least now those of us who have older Genesis chassis have access to factory conversion parts.

GST-E product page
(Last edited by candre23 : 9.21.12 at 7:34 am)
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage
"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 9.21.12, 6:10 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
"Magic Straps"
"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 9.21.12, 6:16 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Yeah, that velcro is some really magical stuff.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 9.21.12, 7:55 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
a big frickin truck... now brushless?

very sweet.
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"Get crazy w/ the Cheese Whiz!"
redbarton - 9.21.12, 8:21 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
CEN is still in business? LOL!

Hey CEN! The 90's called. They want their ugly old body back!

"Vacationing user"
xerxes - 9.21.12, 8:26 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
redbarton said
CEN is still in business? LOL!

Hey CEN! The 90's called. They want their ugly old body back!
candres guna put u on his blok list :-/
"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 9.21.12, 8:36 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
It IS a bit dated and ugly.............
"Experienced user"
njd13 - 9.21.12, 9:21 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I guess that I am not going to sell my GST ... They have a conversion kit for $120.00 and a turn-key kit for $320.00.
"Get crazy w/ the Cheese Whiz!"
redbarton - 9.21.12, 9:37 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
This really shouldn't turn into a CEN hater thread. But you have to admit, they have been behind the curve for SO long. At one point, they seemed to be a breakout player in the industry with some pretty nice stuff. That was 2-3 years ago. I don't know what happened, but it's been downhill ever since, at least to my eyes in the US market. I honestly think it is too bad. I liked my Matrix buggy.

And, who in their right mind thought this brushless conversion was a good idea?

http://www.cenracing.com/cars/zoom10...brushless.html

That says to me, CEN has totally missed the curve. I would rate that design even behind the HPI Sprint 2, which is a really lousy electric sedan.

Don't take this all wrong though. I did like CEN in the past and their unusual slant on things. It just seems as if they have lost touch with the current RC industry and it's consumers.

"RAM!"
rlhalo3 - 9.21.12, 10:36 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I want it. Release date? hope its before xmas
(Last edited by rlhalo3 : 9.21.12 at 10:40 am)
HPI/ HB:: ___Truckzilla lrp .30__ __ Vorza Flux hp__ __ Savage 4.6
MGT 8.0 with axial .32 <-- sick engine
MGT 8.0 Coverted brushless running tekin rx8/t8 2250kv combo - Spektrum dx3c
RX8>Mamba