Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
pkh825537 - 12.25.12, 4:57 pm Post #121: | Reply With Quote
Opened my new brushless RTR Associated SCB10, charged the li-po and had a blast...first brushless car and wow.....lost control a couple times and hit curb and post pretty hard....nothing broke....but, I either bumped control on transmitter or jarred something because now from dead stop on asphalt at wide open throttle it takes off then slams on the brakes skidding to a stop. I can roll into full throttle and on grass or dirt at full throttle, no brake slam. I really liked the drag race start in street, wheelied so hard from stop it stood on the rear bumper. I think in my rush to pick up my baby from crash I think I bumped "aux" or adjusted trims on accident....or maybe I broke something.....but I don't think so. Can't understand why if wheels are spinning in air or grass no brake issue but on asphalt it goes past full throttle start to slam on brakes. Any help appreciated.
"Experienced user"
pattersonbrl - 1.07.13, 3:04 pm Post #122: | Reply With Quote
Hey Exo, thanks for posting.... I just bought the rpm front and rear a arms from the sc10. I was just wondering if you could share how you went about modifying them to work with the sc10b. I would like to keep the feel of the buggy the same and I know the sc10 front a arms don't have the winged curves. thanks for your time in advance. The buggy looks great!

EXO said
In a nut shell I absolutely love this thing. It really is alot of fun too drive. Being that its a buggy instead of a SCT it flies alot better not having the parachute effect. 1st day with it I did break a front ball cup. That was my fault though because wen I ran it I ran with 15 or so 4x4 SCT's Got into a dog pile with all of them and they one lol! Took care of the problem with some $3.00 RPM ball cups all the way around.. I was a little worried about the stock front arms being weak, but they actually did a decent job on the them. They are really stiff like the SC10 arms though so I feel the chances of them braking might still be a little on the higher side at least for someone like my self that likes to use race cars as basher cars, so I went ahead and added front and rear RPM arms just so I don't have too deal with it later. So far so good. I have only had it for a little over a week though. I have probably ran more packs through it though then most people do in a month. Ill keep you guys updated though!
"Experienced user"
boomyanker - 1.08.13, 3:44 am Post #123: | Reply With Quote
I ordered some as well. So I am interested to know. Mine should be in by week end. I know the rears will just bolt up as normal, but what needed to be modified on the front?

pattersonbrl said
Hey Exo, thanks for posting.... I just bought the rpm front and rear a arms from the sc10. I was just wondering if you could share how you went about modifying them to work with the sc10b. I would like to keep the feel of the buggy the same and I know the sc10 front a arms don't have the winged curves. thanks for your time in advance. The buggy looks great!
"Experienced user"
weezing818 - 1.14.13, 12:58 am Post #124: | Reply With Quote
I'm thinkinf of buying this. Knowing that these RTR kits come with crappy front tires, what are peoples recommendations?
"Experienced user"
pattersonbrl - 1.14.13, 6:20 pm Post #125: | Reply With Quote
I swapped out all four tires and am running proline blockades... having the wider tires takes a little away from the buggy experience and increases the weight of the front end a bit, but it makes the front end more stable and after swapping out the stock servo which is okay but not very fast, the buggy sticks really well.
"Experienced user"
boomyanker - 1.15.13, 3:11 am Post #126: | Reply With Quote
weezing818 said
I'm thinkinf of buying this. Knowing that these RTR kits come with crappy front tires, what are peoples recommendations?
I am running Jconcepts Tense wheels with Carvers on the front and Losi step pins on the back. The local track where I run is a sand clay mix, so this tire combo is the best that I have found. Now the wider wheels and tires do take away from the scale look, but the Tense wheels really look good on it with the center caps they come with.
"Experienced user"
EXO - 1.15.13, 7:28 am Post #127: | Reply With Quote
I wanted too keep mine more too scale since its a SC10b. I went with an Axial EXO rear tire for the front of it. It works REALLY good on any surface. No pushing at all and they are just a tad wider then the stock ones but not quite as wide as normal SC tires. Rears I have been running Choppers, or Enduroes

"Experienced user"
boomyanker - 1.16.13, 2:47 am Post #128: | Reply With Quote
I have actually ordered a set of choppers for the rear of mine to get the scale look back as well.
"Experienced user"
papaweely - 1.20.13, 9:09 am Post #129: | Reply With Quote
Hey EXO, I did not see a reply as to how you fitted the front RPM arms ...
(Last edited by papaweely : 1.21.13 at 8:23 am)
"With great power comes great responsibility." - Francois-Marie Arouet aka Voltaire/Stan Lee
"To those who much is given much is required" - Luke 12:48
Stampede VXL, Stampede 4X4, Rustler VXL, 1/10 Slash VXL, Honcho, AX10 Scorpion, Crawler King, Duratrax Baja Bug
"New user"
Kerris023 - 2.05.13, 7:32 pm Post #130: | Reply With Quote
To make the front arms fit you have to cut off the mount for the sc10 shock, ream out the hole so your shock can fit between the slot, and drill a new hole to thread the bolt through. I also took a heat Gun to heat up the arms and tweaked them so that they have a bow in the middle to get the full travel out of the shocks and also so the frame will go completely down to the ground. I can post more Pics if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC10B.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	42498  Click image for larger version

Name:	SC10B2.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	42499  Click image for larger version

Name:	SC10B1.JPG
Views:	77