Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 9.28.12, 10:17 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
4literranger485 said
I notice a lot of people complain about the "coolest newest RTR"'s tires. Has any RTR ever came with a really exceptional sticky race tire?!?!?!! lol

It just seem's like a moot point at times. No one is going to pass on a car that they think is cool (seriously, this thing looks COOL) just because the tires aren't pro-line super soft goodness.
I just wish more companies would include at least a useful tread pattern that will work on something other than swept concrete or stretched ozite. Just a generic medium-small square block pattern is all I ask for, for rears at least, thin enough underneath to have some compliance. They're not going to use race-style compounds, due to cost, and that's fine. A useful tread pattern would go a long, long, long way towards preventing a vehicle from requiring an immediate $50 wheel/tire replacement right out of the box.

What I said on this one, though, was:
Useful rears, RTR-spec fronts that look like they come from an entirely different vehicle. Since the fronts are a new mold, at least they could have made a mold that didn't stand out quite as badly. I wonder if they originally intended to put original SC10s on the rear, but somebody finally did the right thing and decided that those useless tires are not only useless, but should never be included on a car because they're useless.
This vehicle that this thread is about, the SC10B, has raceable rear tires, like the higher-spec SC10 trucks. The fronts are poor, but this will help soften the SC10's inherent tail happiness. The tires on this buggy should work just fine. The fronts just look way out of place.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 9.29.12, 1:30 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
On another note, the fronts look much narrower than the rears as well, sort of like the Axial EXO's wheels. I wonder if that wheel/tire width combo is the same?
The American James May
"Experienced user"
speedeur - 9.29.12, 2:36 am Post #43: | Reply With Quote
It's look great.!!
"Associated User"
dmqamq247 - 9.29.12, 6:13 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
xerxes said
if its has a plastik diff, xman will pass.
All the AE's have plastic diffs. they are made to very tight tollerences thoug and can withstand some serious power.
hobby-pros.com
brushlesshobbies.com
leisurehoursraceway.com
"RC the other white meat."
RacerRC - 9.29.12, 8:42 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
I'll stick with my Kyosho DB.
(Last edited by RacerRC : 9.29.12 at 9:57 am)
"Experienced user"
Venom - 9.29.12, 9:25 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
I really like this.

If they come out with a FT kit I will be buying and putting in a waterproof set of electronics and some slighshots and mohawk tires.

Perfect sand basher...
You can’t fix stupid
"Experienced user"
DavidFuchser - 9.29.12, 9:54 am Post #47: | Reply With Quote
xerxes said
if its has a plastik diff, xman will pass.
Same here. These rtr tires do well on carpet, so do my wheely king tires.
"Experienced user"
Jay-Em - 9.29.12, 10:37 am Post #48: | Reply With Quote
*sniff*.. it's beautiful!

And "normal" screw-sizes. Would You believe I stayed away from the Losi SB, because of Losi's stubborn intrancience in using "standard" , instead of metric? Went for the Ultima Db instead. After $25.- for an aluminum rear-plate, I never regretted that for a moment.

I wasn't prepared to buy all sorts of extra tools júst to be able to wrench on it. The mini-t cured me of the urge to éver buy Losi again, by virtue of it having "standard" hardware...(who's standard anyways???)

Since Asso is sold under the flag of LRP overhere, I am pretty sure I can get my hands on the SC10B quite quick.

Now Traxxas with a cheapy variation, and the party is complete... (they already sponsor buggy cross.. And moto-cross and snowmobile-cross... Eh.. Wait, that last one prolly's nót going to materialize.)

Want!
(Last edited by Jay-Em : 9.29.12 at 10:51 am)
Axial Yeti x 1 Axial EXO x 2, Axial Wraith x3, Axial Honcho, Slash 2wd, Venom vmx450, kyosho Ultima DB, Turnigy DB, Tamiya Avante x 2, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Tamiya buggy Champ, Frog, Grasshoppper, touareg, TXT1, Juggernaut 2, HPI mini-trophy, .... I míght have a problem :P
"Associated User"
dmqamq247 - 9.29.12, 12:24 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
Hmmm... I wonder where Mr. DeLong is in this, after all he is the resident DB enthusiast.
hobby-pros.com
brushlesshobbies.com
leisurehoursraceway.com
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 9.29.12, 1:58 pm Post #50: | Reply With Quote
just curious, what RTR tire doesn't work well on carpet?

I am disappointed with the shock spacer clips, would much rather have threaded spacers or at least the Losi style pinch clips.

I wonder how the body fastens, kinda hard to see in the first pic. Would be interesting if they copied the Losi style.
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles