Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
RedcatRacing - 2.28.13, 12:57 pm Post #81: | Reply With Quote
Here are some answers and images in regards to your questions.

There is room for 4s batteries. The depth of the battery compartment is 5cm. This should fit most 4s batteries but probably not all of them. An included foam inserted comes with the vehicle to take up the space when using a 2s or 3s.

We realize the Mirage is not for everyone as there are 16 screws that need to be removed to take off the roll cage. I have attached an image with the process to remove the roll cage in its entirety. I have been running a prototype for months and though it only takes a few minutes to remove the entire cage, I decided to just run it without the seats and drivers which makes it easier to work on if needed.

Here is an image of the Mirage with the cage and body removed.

Thanks

Darin
(Last edited by RedcatRacing : 2.28.13 at 2:33 pm)
"Experienced user"
PetRock - 2.28.13, 1:13 pm Post #82: | Reply With Quote
Squeee!

Body-off shots, I love you Darin!
"Experienced user"
RedcatRacing - 2.28.13, 1:47 pm Post #83: | Reply With Quote
PetRock said
Squeee!

Body-off shots, I love you Darin!
Hey PetRock

ASL

Just kidding

Darin
"Experienced user"
Gooffeeman - 2.28.13, 2:04 pm Post #84: | Reply With Quote
WOW!! is that colored instructions from redcat??? AWESOME!
I need more over time!
"Experienced user"
RedcatRacing - 2.28.13, 2:23 pm Post #85: | Reply With Quote
I took a few more better pics just now and just for fun I timed myself taking off the roll cage. I did not rush, took my sweet time and did it in under four minutes. Putting it back together took about the same time, so I know it is not a 4 body clip body like most RC's but it is not as bad as most people think.

More pics:

Darin
"Paddle Tire"
Pyro - 2.28.13, 2:29 pm Post #86: | Reply With Quote
RedcatRacing said
Hey PetRock

ASL

Just kidding

Darin
That was great.

So the battery tray is 50x50mm? How long?
Losi 8ight-TE 2.0, OFNA Hyper Sprint E-conversion, Losi e-LST XXL, Losi 8ight-E 2.0, Team Durango DESC210, Quanum Vandal
"Experienced user"
RedcatRacing - 2.28.13, 2:35 pm Post #87: | Reply With Quote
The battery compartment is:

150mm Length
50mm Width
50mm Depth

There is some wiggle room and space for your battery wiring and connectors as well.

Darin
"Experienced user"
PetRock - 2.28.13, 2:37 pm Post #88: | Reply With Quote
Looks roomy and clean inside: lots of room for a larger ESC and motor. And you don't often see center diffs protected like that.

The front brace and steering rack are different: it's almost like they said "Oh no, we have to make this thing 1/2" longer, but the chassis has already started production! What do we do?"
"Experienced user"
Jay-Em - 3.01.13, 12:02 pm Post #89: | Reply With Quote
Hmm.. Looks good! It even has drivers! (Axial??? I am looking at You!)

Shame that I already blew my self-imposed allowance on the Vaterra Twin Hammers, (and a GTX670 )

And the little hatch for the battery is pure genius.

When parts become available, I am at least ordering me some of those light bars. They cannot be as expensive as Axial's.
Axial Yeti x 1 Axial EXO x 2, Axial Wraith x3, Axial Honcho, Slash 2wd, Venom vmx450, kyosho Ultima DB, Turnigy DB, Tamiya Avante x 2, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Tamiya buggy Champ, Frog, Grasshoppper, touareg, TXT1, Juggernaut 2, HPI mini-trophy, .... I míght have a problem :P
"Experienced user"
perry - 3.01.13, 12:36 pm Post #90: | Reply With Quote
I was looking at the possibility of becoming a redcat dealer, but wasn't sure about the existing line up, since it seems retail pricing has increased over the past year.

If they keep producing buggies like this, I will be looking into it more seriously. I really like this buggy, and can justify the price point increase.
tamiyafier said
Whenever someone replies "k thks m8 lol" i die a little inside.

still runnin' cars like I clean my teeth: with brushes.