Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
VegasGT - 11.06.12, 9:07 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Im pretty new this time around, but been involved in the hobby for a long time, as well as many other hobbies. Im admittingly stealing a thread idea from a Jeep forum I frequent, worked out well over there (500+ pages).

Concept is simple, we all tinker with our vehicles, so why not make a diary of sorts for the masses to see what all youve done, all in one place? Great way to gain new ideas on mods and share information.

So lets see how this goes. What did you do to your ECX today?
"Experienced user"
VegasGT - 11.07.12, 3:28 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Ill start this off with an example. Late yesterday i ditched the water ECX calls shock oil for some AE 42.5. MUCH improved. Pics or lies:

"Experienced user"
CTRuckus - 11.07.12, 10:03 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Today I received my Dynamite Tazer Lipo 10T esc in the mail. It's a warranty replacement for the stock one which lost reverse. I'm waiting to install it until I can waterproof it and switch out the connectors on it. Soon, I hope!
"Experienced user"
hk13 - 11.07.12, 10:50 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Nice I just got the duratrax element brushless system for my circuit
"Experienced user"
VegasGT - 11.07.12, 2:22 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
@hk13, have you had a chance to run the element yet? That was an option I have been considering.

Otherwise, stopped in my LHS today and eyeballed the Proline Silverado body for the slash. Tempted to pick it up but have better places to put the money for now. Havent checked online but it was 41 bucks at the LHS. Ive bought Proline bodies in the past for upper 20's new but I suppose inflation plus the sheer amount of material in an SCT body makes sense for the price.
"rehsaB darykcaB"
bugoff75 - 11.07.12, 3:54 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I looked at my Torment. Nor' Easter blew in so no go for a day or two.
One of these days I do plan on fixing the rest of my fleet. Someday. Until then I'm gonna Bash my ECX Torment and Ruckus till theres nothing left. But I do miss Racing Nitro!!!
"Experienced user"
torquelover - 11.07.12, 4:02 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I looked at the truck, specifically the 4th set of twisted Traxxas VXL axles, and can actually say I'm glad I sold off the brushless stuff and returned it to stock. Truck is pretty bulletproof stock.
"rehsaB darykcaB"
bugoff75 - 11.07.12, 4:28 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
torquelover said
I looked at the truck, specifically the 4th set of twisted Traxxas VXL axles, and can actually say I'm glad I sold off the brushless stuff and returned it to stock. Truck is pretty bulletproof stock.
Metal tranny gears, 32p spur/pinion, steel drive shafts, LiPo battery, and Brushless system = Bullet Proof Truck!

Actually its only tough cause the plastic flexes instead of breaking. Watched the entire rear bumper assembly twist from a 20+ ft drop and it just popped back into place. Crazy. I wouldn't put any other truck through that and expect it to survive.
One of these days I do plan on fixing the rest of my fleet. Someday. Until then I'm gonna Bash my ECX Torment and Ruckus till theres nothing left. But I do miss Racing Nitro!!!
"Experienced user"
torquelover - 11.07.12, 4:36 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
bugoff75 said
Metal tranny gears, 32p spur/pinion, steel drive shafts, LiPo battery, and Brushless system = Bullet Proof Truck!

Actually its only tough cause the plastic flexes instead of breaking. Watched the entire rear bumper assembly twist from a 20+ ft drop and it just popped back into place. Crazy. I wouldn't put any other truck through that and expect it to survive.
Yes it is tough, but at 45-50 MPH things break pretty horrifically.
"rehsaB darykcaB"
bugoff75 - 11.08.12, 3:53 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Tried to break my Torment today. Full speed into a bike tire. I'll try harder tomorrow.