Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Enhanced Experiencer"
User Unrelated - 11.06.12, 9:19 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
where'd you get that info?

6061 is meh for bendability, but it's durable enough, and less prone to fracture than harder alloys (and it's dirt cheap, and basically the budget standard alloy), and 2.5mm is decent, most aluminum chassis for the cheaper 1/10 vehicles are 3mm.
"So I says to the guy: 'What good is yous' offer to me if I ain't got no virgins to sacrifice?!'
and den he jus' sorta looked at me all blank-like for a second, an' jus flew away."
"Experienced user"
DingMike - 11.06.12, 9:51 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
User Unrelated said
where'd you get that info?

Me?

I googled "tacon buggy 1 14" and searched images. Then I clicked on the pic from rctech and put the info up on here. It seems they knew about this buggy before us.
-Dang it.
'sticks hands in pockets and kicks rock on ground with reserved frustration.'-
(Last edited by DingMike : 11.06.12 at 10:45 pm)
SHOOSH!
"Experienced user"
Heeelmooi - 11.07.12, 1:30 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Yeah the shocks and shock towers look nice for a mini (1/12 is THAT mini I suppose)
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser VE - Tamiya Bear Hawk - Wild Willy 2 - Hobbyking Trailblazer 1/8 MT - Thunder Tiger (S)MT4 G3 - Losi 8ight-T 2.0 - HPI Vorza - HK Monster Beatle (GF) - TT E-mta (sold) - MERV (sold)
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 11.07.12, 3:24 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
If it comes with that action figure, I'm hooked :P
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"Experienced user"
FireFrenzy - 11.07.12, 3:27 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
If nothing else i hope that body will fit the Mini 8ight but thats probably a long shot...

I have half an idea of buying one and storing it in my desk at work so i can use it to blow off some steam (we're up against a big gravelish parking lot with big holes in it -which look alot like drop in jumps at that scale)
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 11.07.12, 3:37 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
DingMike said
I found this after a little googleing.
Here is the OEM's website http://www.rccar.com.cn/index.html
Nice find!

I'm digging the Rally version:
http://www.rccar.com.cn/1-14th-scale-rally/index.html

Doesn't seem to be a copy of the Losi from what I can see:
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 11.07.12 at 3:41 am)
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Experienced user"
aldwardo - 11.07.12, 5:11 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
I dig that rally. I hope that is part of Tacon's line.
"If it flies, I already like it"
mongdex - 11.07.12, 5:14 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
Well, this is how company start making RCs. HPI first made parts and hop-ups, Hotbodies also started out making bodies (hpi = HB)
Too many to list.

Check out my instagram: instagram(dot)com/mongkolls
Youtube: youtube(dot)com/user/mongdex
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 11.07.12, 5:30 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
note that it has 12mm hex wheel adapters, that means all the HPI MX60 wheels should fit rather nicely on it too

*** LC Electronic was established in 2012, always like to see a new start up in RC, just hope they are better quality than the Helion junk <fingers crossed>:
http://www.rccar.com.cn/about-us.html
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 11.07.12 at 5:34 am)
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 11.07.12, 5:32 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
If tacon does start selling these in the US, I'm getting at least one. Who am I kidding, I'll probably end up with three.

There's almost nothing I don't like about this. Aluminum chassis, sensible layout, and everything that needs to be beefy looks pretty beefy. All this is asking for is a standard servo conversion and it's the perfect mini. If we're dreaming, I suppose we could have asked for a center dif as well, but on something this small, a slipper is certainly good enough.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage