Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Retired racer. Old guy."
Driver86 - 11.07.12, 12:08 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
candre23 said
If it's under $200, it will be fair. If it's under $150, they'll sell like hotcakes.

This is assuming there isn't some horrible design flaw somewhere that makes it borderline unusable. That is also assuming that Tacon (or somebody in the states) actually does start selling them. We are getting pretty worked up over a single facebook picture here...
$200 would not be enough to sway me from the Losi. This needs to be priced to compete with the stuff from HSP, Exceed and Turnigy
I officially have too many vehicles to fit in this sig.
Brands I own: Associated, Duratrax, Exceed, Losi, RedCat, Silverlit, Syma, Tamiya, Tomy, Traxxas, Turnigy, Xmods and several generics
"Experienced user"
rainbooze - 11.07.12, 12:17 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
i like the kidrobot
mini slash w/ titan motor and xxx wheels
xxx-sct mamba monster and spektrum

YEAH!!
"Brushless or bust"
traxxasrockhead - 11.07.12, 1:00 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
i like it
"If you don't try you don't fail, and if you don't fail you don't learn"- anonymous
"Vacationing user"
d300guy - 11.07.12, 6:00 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
candre23 said
If it's under $200, it will be fair. If it's under $150, they'll sell like hotcakes.

This is assuming there isn't some horrible design flaw somewhere that makes it borderline unusable. That is also assuming that Tacon (or somebody in the states) actually does start selling them. We are getting pretty worked up over a single facebook picture here...
No one is getting worked up for a single picture, tacon is hobbypartz's in house brand, the picture was posted on their facebook with the phrase "coming soon", this isn't some random speculative rumor, they will carry the car and will have spares available for cheap.

As far as your price prediction goes, they sell a similar vehicle in the Iron Track Spino for about $100 rtr. I think we can expect similar pricing with the tacon.
"Experienced user"
URC98 - 11.07.12, 9:00 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
Sweet!!
"Experienced user"
kirbenvost - 11.08.12, 8:10 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
Nice! I hope this spurs other manufacturers to get back into the mini game... Like Tamiya.
Driver86 - 11.08.12, 12:05 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
kirbenvost said
Nice! I hope this spurs other manufacturers to get back into the mini game... Like Tamiya.
From what I've heard the 1/16 TamTech stuff looked great but performed poorly brushed and wouldn't hold up to brushless power without shredding the drivetrain. I nearly bought a mini Frog for $50 but a friend who had one talked me out of it
Brands I own: Associated, Duratrax, Exceed, Losi, RedCat, Silverlit, Syma, Tamiya, Tomy, Traxxas, Turnigy, Xmods and several generics
"Experienced user"
kirbenvost - 11.08.12, 12:20 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
Driver86 said
From what I've heard the 1/16 TamTech stuff looked great but performed poorly brushed and wouldn't hold up to brushless power without shredding the drivetrain. I nearly bought a mini Frog for $50 but a friend who had one talked me out of it
I own one with a brushless system (pictured in my avatar). It does indeed require an upgraded diff to run brushless, but so far so good otherwise. $50 is a good deal but it would've needed at least another $80 in upgrades if it was completely stock.
"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 11.08.12, 12:41 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
d300guy said
No one is getting worked up for a single picture, tacon is hobbypartz's in house brand, the picture was posted on their facebook with the phrase "coming soon", this isn't some random speculative rumor, they will carry the car and will have spares available for cheap.
I just meant that we're expecting these to be awesome and cheap, and there's no guarantee of either. One "coming soon" facebook post isn't really a guarantee that tacon/hobbypartz will definitely carry them. I hope really hope they do, and I really hope they're cheap, and I really really hope they're as good as they look on paper, but I just don't want everybody to get their hopes up too high and have the distribution deal fall through or find out the diffs shred themselves after two packs like the new turnigy SCT.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage
Driver86 - 11.08.12, 3:54 pm Post #50: | Reply With Quote
candre23 said
I just meant that we're expecting these to be awesome and cheap, and there's no guarantee of either. One "coming soon" facebook post isn't really a guarantee that tacon/hobbypartz will definitely carry them. I hope really hope they do, and I really hope they're cheap, and I really really hope they're as good as they look on paper, but I just don't want everybody to get their hopes up too high and have the distribution deal fall through or find out the diffs shred themselves after two packs like the new turnigy SCT.
Are you talking the 1/10 or1/16 turning? I'm thinking 1/10 because the 1/16 has ball diffs