Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
DKnight1000 - 11.08.12, 4:53 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
I'm sure once they get the Montster 2 out the door they will start working on the MMP2.

I wonder why everyone is doing waterproof stuff now, I don't mind the extra feature but until you get waterproof bearings isn't the concept a little absurd?

I say that knowing full well my brother clipped a puddle, splashed a drop of water and killed a Futaba 330 ESC.
"If it flies, I already like it"
mongdex - 11.08.12, 5:27 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
WAY said
What I really like about it is that there is finally a true 1/8th scale waterproof ESC. Hope HW make a waterproof 150a ESC too.
Yep. Although the hobbywing Xeruns 150a are supposedly "water resistant" (says in the manual), I have never have one shorted out yet, been running through puddles too.
Too many to list.

Check out my instagram: instagram(dot)com/mongkolls
Youtube: youtube(dot)com/user/mongdex
"Experienced user"
andersonwal - 11.08.12, 5:29 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
because you can run a bearing through some water, if its rubber sealed, a good bit of water, and not ruin them. If even a drop of water hits a un-protected circut board, it can fry it.
1% evil, 99% hot gas
"If it flies, I already like it"
mongdex - 11.08.12, 5:44 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
what about stainless bearings?
Too many to list.

Check out my instagram: instagram(dot)com/mongkolls
Youtube: youtube(dot)com/user/mongdex
"Experienced user"
BUCK - 11.08.12, 10:45 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
A waterproof Sidewinder I have one HAHA.! But it would be nice to have one with a warranty.!!! So I could let the PlasTI-Dip dry up cause I'd never have to use it again.!!! ;}
build it light & wind it tight
"ExPerieNceD UsEr"
guys2nv - 11.08.12, 10:52 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Nice, hopefully BEC is changed out to. A waterproof MMM, I like the sound of that.
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG | Blitz |
|
TLR 22T | Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All | Trains and Lanes, Easton PA

"Experienced user"
MaY27DaY - 11.08.12, 12:15 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Great news, because they are too sensitive! Mine just got slightly wet last week and died

Wonder how much more expensive it will be...
"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 11.08.12, 12:45 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Waterproofing the ESC is easy, it's the fan that is hard. Either you skip the fan completely like traxxas does with their waterproof speed controls or you stick some short-protection circuitry on the fan output and use a fan that can handle a little moisture and hope people don't really dunk it, because no fan will handle that for long. I'll be interested to see which way they go with this.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage
"The One We Shall Not Speak Of!"
Dknuckles - 11.08.12, 1:22 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
This is actually great news. We have never had an issue with any of our castle esc's. Great to hear...
Thrash it, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!
TheDknuckles on youtube
"Experienced user"
Tricks - 11.08.12, 1:29 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
candre23 said
Waterproofing the ESC is easy, it's the fan that is hard. Either you skip the fan completely like traxxas does with their waterproof speed controls or you stick some short-protection circuitry on the fan output and use a fan that can handle a little moisture and hope people don't really dunk it, because no fan will handle that for long. I'll be interested to see which way they go with this.
there are plenty of waterproof fans on the market, even for computers, which is quite ridiculous if you ask me, well the ones I saw had led lights, so they where not meant for industrial use.
I always though the fans break because of pebbles/stones knocking off the blades.