Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
For information about the recent site outage & extended downtime please see The Site Outage Thread and focus all related discussion on that thread alone.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 11.12.12, 9:09 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Can you link us to this sensored 4S capable waterproof Hobbywing ESC?
^^ Is what I'm looking for. Try going that slow on sensorless in a vehicle that doesn't have a 70:1 gear ratio (and don't cheat with an 800kV motor ). World needs a waterproof version of the MMP so we can do things like my Wraith & Chimera-A & Shapeshifter, capable of going quite fast, while still having crawling-speed capability & sensored throttle linearity.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 11.13.12, 9:06 am Post #32: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
World needs a waterproof version of the MMP so we can do things like my Wraith & Chimera-A & Shapeshifter, capable of going quite fast, while still having crawling-speed capability & sensored throttle linearity.
Preach-on-preacha'Man!

I'd love to have a WP sensored combo in my pede' 4x4 truggy/basher. Take of the track tires; swap out my center diff and do some crawling/muddin'... Life is good.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Zip-da-dee-doo-daa"
jhtfarquhar - 11.13.12, 4:44 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
^^ Is what I'm looking for. Try going that slow on sensorless in a vehicle that doesn't have a 70:1 gear ratio (and don't cheat with an 800kV motor ). World needs a waterproof version of the MMP so we can do things like my Wraith & Chimera-A & Shapeshifter, capable of going quite fast, while still having crawling-speed capability & sensored throttle linearity.
sorry jang, but in my experience, if you really turn down throttle endpoints, so that the max trigger movement goes only to 30% throttle, well then it's amazingly easy to go slow, But...

...Keep in mind that I have never driven a true sensored BL system
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 11.13.12, 6:04 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
I don't want a vehicle that only hits 30% of speed and cogs like crazy down low when there's any load. I want a vehicle that can drive smoothly at a crawl up a steep rock, or nice & fast like a full on basher, with no changes, like Chimera-A or my Wraith, which to date absolutely positively requires a sensored system.
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
Drewderzslash - 11.13.12, 8:31 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
I really hope that castle will impress me this time. it'd be nice for once
but i still get a feeling that all it will be is a cheesy case and a stupid esc that runs at over 120 deg and blows up just from normal use.
Sorry to rant, But I had a horrible experience with them that i have a hard time forgetting when other companies go up and beyond to make me the happiest they can with their customer service.
Andrew T. Larson
"Experienced user"
mike99ss - 12.05.12, 1:39 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Any new news on these?
"Experienced user"
St3alth_Frenzy - 12.05.12, 1:53 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
DKnight1000 said
I'm sure once they get the Montster 2 out the door they will start working on the MMP2.

I wonder why everyone is doing waterproof stuff now, I don't mind the extra feature but until you get waterproof bearings isn't the concept a little absurd?

I say that knowing full well my brother clipped a puddle, splashed a drop of water and killed a Futaba 330 ESC.
One word: SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW
ℐ αμ ◎✞ ḺαẐ⑂⑂ 2ℛѦ∃Ḏ ∂їṧḯ﹩
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 12.05.12, 2:01 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
just called today.

I spoke with Dan in Tech support.

PARAPHRASED becasue I didn't "record" the conversation.
Me: "do you have a release date set for the waterproof escs?"
Dan: "No we do not."
Me: "can you give me any kind of window of a time frame?"
Dan: "Nope, not at this time."
Me: (in my head) "bummer man. I guess I'll be ordering another SC8 from hobbywing"
Me: (to Dan) "Okay, well... make sure you put it on the facebook page when you do have a date set; and thanks."
Dan: "sorry, thanks for calling."
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Experienced user"
mindstormer99 - 12.06.12, 8:55 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
Tower have got them listed due this month?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=sv3&search=Go

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...%2F8&search=Go

Cheers
[1/16 TURNIGY RALLY EXTREME EDITION] [HPI SAVAGE XS SS KIT] [TRAXXAS SLASH 4x4] [BLADE 120 SR]
"Awww, it broke AGAIN!!!"
saleenman - 12.09.12, 7:31 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
$68 for a Waterproof Sidewinder and $170 for a Waterproof Monster? I think I will get the Monster and a 1/8 motor for my stampede 4x4!
Austin R. Bartz
Milwaukee School of Engineering Student
B.S. Electrical Engineering Class of 2017
linkedin.com/in/austinbartz