Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Rally Fanatic"
Mr.Slash - 12.22.12, 5:03 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Also, http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...dewinder3.html (more pictures)
"Experienced user"
mike99ss - 12.24.12, 1:56 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
How is castles customer service? I want one of these but I'm a little nervous with them being new. I was just wondering if there customer service is good or bad. Thanks!!
"Experienced user"
DP10 - 12.24.12, 1:58 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
They have one of the best CS around in my opinion!
"Its not broken, it still moves"
RCRTSandiego - 12.28.12, 9:06 am Post #54: | Reply With Quote
I've gone around looking at the new mamba monster 2's and sidewinder 3's and they seen to not have changed much other than wp and supposable ''It sports updated circuitry for faster response time and improved reliability'' -quote on the sidewinder 3's product page. Castle is pretty predictable and we all know they wont hessitate making a mamba max pro 2 or the sct version of the sidewinder 3 and mamba max pro 2 in the future.
"Just Chillen!"
guys2nv - 12.28.12, 10:07 am Post #55: | Reply With Quote
RCRTSandiego said
I've gone around looking at the new mamba monster 2's and sidewinder 3's and they seen to not have changed much other than wp and supposable ''It sports updated circuitry for faster response time and improved reliability'' -quote on the sidewinder 3's product page. Castle is pretty predictable and we all know they wont hessitate making a mamba max pro 2 or the sct version of the sidewinder 3 and mamba max pro 2 in the future.
Yeah they just made them waterproof and changed the look a bit.
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede | Blitz |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All |

"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 12.30.12, 2:48 am Post #56: | Reply With Quote
i'll bet they replaced enough burned up sidewinders that they did improve something in the circuitry so it dissipates heat or uses energy more efficiently to facilitate encapsulating the pcb in potting medium without a decrease in reliability. i don't doubt that something increased responsiveness, either. i do doubt they put a decent BEC in there, though.
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.
"Its not broken, it still moves"
RCRTSandiego - 1.04.13, 3:54 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
nope, just tore one up because it fried from the heat. we compared them and the only differences were wp. also i have a newer version of the sidewinder sct, take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prob3.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	41113  
"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 1.05.13, 6:12 am Post #58: | Reply With Quote
^ got pics of the sv3 and sv2 decased with potting material removed? i'd love to see for myself as i assume plenty more folks would.

if i were a CC fanatic who just bought the sv3 just to find out the only difference is it's water proof, i'd consider myself kicked in the shins... took an arrow to the knee... man down, etc. ...
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.
"Experienced user"
JayhawkNavy02 - 1.10.13, 7:26 am Post #59: | Reply With Quote
After 2 failed MMPs in 6 months on my SCTE I shifted to Tekin. Until there is a significant shift in durability and an upgrade to the notoriously weak BEC and On/Off switch, I'm not sold on CC for 1/8 applications.
(Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 : 1.10.13 at 7:30 am)
Team Associated RC8.2e, Losi TEN-SCTE, Pro-Line Pro-2 2WD SCT, Axial SCX10 Dingo, Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL Truggy, Traxxas Mini-Summit VXL 4x4
"Experienced user"
CamZH - 1.29.13, 6:20 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
Does anyone have any more news on these ?
I'm keen to get a Sidewinder 3 and 4600 for my RC10T4.1.
Been running a Hobbywing 35A/13T combo and looking for a bit more go.
Is the SCT combo just too much for a 2WD truck ?