Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"the parts killer!"
reddanx35 - 11.12.12, 11:08 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

I've figured that I've talked a lot about my Exceed, but I've never done a write up on it, so brace yourselves, as this is my first time doing so.

About a year ago, I bought the Exceed Dynamite for cheap, because it was brushless, 4wd, and thought it looked great. I don't have any fresh pictures of it out of the box, but I do have current pictures right now.

During its hard, and rough life, I've jumped it over the stairs countless times in my backyard, and managed to break nothing. Taking things to account, I've only broken 2 rear right uprights, and lost all the original 4 dogbones. Helipal on the other hand, has parts instock for this vehicle all day every day. The upgrades, are dirt cheap, at half the price you're paying at nitrorcx. Once I get a job, (too young) I plan on returning this truck to its new condition, replacing the worn and stripped out parts (none right now) and replacing the chassis with an aluminum one from HSP.

The current power system right now, is the stock 35amp esc with the 3300kv 13t 540 sized motor.The stock gearing is 21/64, which I think now is a tad too high for 3s, or even 8.4 volt nimh, as sometimes after hard running it will go into over heat protection. Now that i've slowed down, I plan on regearing it to 18/64 as this is the smallest pinion I can go without changing the spur. I have not found a spur that fits the dynamite.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think My dynamite, does not face the same problem as jang''s dynamite, as when his was fully compressed the dogbones bind before the car bottoms out. mine however, the dogbones still have room to wiggle around even after the whole car is fully compressed down. Now that was using HSP dogbones, which, call me crazy, but they are thicker, and stronger than the stock dogbones that come from Nitrorcx. I accidentally bought 6 sets of two dogbones each, and I changed out all dogbones on 4 corners, and I tried breaking the damn dogbones So I could use them all.. so far no luck.

The mods right now for my dynamite, are Traxxas Slash Shock shafts, and trust me, these are way stronger than stock. The 18t pinion, 40wt shock oil, 2.2" bead lock rims with 2.2 crawler tires from the mad crawler, HSP parts, which, as mentioned before are way stronger than parts from Nitro RCX, a hitch HS-645 servo, way stronger and faster, and thats the only thing I can think about at the top of my head.

After one year, I believe I still bought the right truck for me. I'm turning my truck into a brushed IFS trail runner, and probably lock the front diff with some extremely thick grease. Thats it for now I guess..
Yeah, I know the body's beat to hell. I'm going to pickup a raptor body from the stampede from the lhs once they open again, and once the weather permits, as its freezing in BC right now to paint outside. Also, thats not the stock radio, the stock radio is in my Yokomo, as I use it more now inside the garage as its warmer in there, and put the AM radio from my TA03 in the dynamite, as i"m going to use it for winter snow duty, frankly there is no snow outside yet..

Current Pictures:

Exceed: decomissioned Infinitive/dynamite, Maxstone 10
Tamiya: Half of an M01, TA03R
Yokomo: YR4 Type J
HPI: Savage X4.6 2013.
"the parts killer!"
reddanx35 - 11.12.12, 11:42 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote

this might be the body, if I ever get the servo horn out of the way..
its a polaris sportsman ATV body, and I have all the missing parts from it in a box somewhere in my room..
"Experienced user"
Nooby - 11.12.12, 2:24 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
hey,
i have a exceed dynamite to, except i got the stock brushed version from hsp.
the stock dog-bones from hsp are good enough, mine though.
i can slap my chassis easy. i have a brushless setup but i need to solder everything.
btw i am young to, i noticed that there are a lot of old people in the rc hobby almost only old people (im 15 almost 16) i dont work either so i cant buy al of the expensive stuff.
my dynamite haves the traxxas tires (dont know the name) i think the stock rear traxxas rustler tires but im going to pick up some crawler tires to. do you know what i need to upgrade on the vehicle when going brushless?
"Experienced user"
Nooby - 11.12.12, 2:38 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
thic is my car, i just sprayt on the stock body and used tape to do the stripes. i did it with normal spray paint. btw sorry for my bad english, i am from holland
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0897.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	39204  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0898.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	39205  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	39206  
"the parts killer!"
reddanx35 - 11.12.12, 3:27 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Depending on your brushless system, I'd probably set the punch low, to avoid twisting the outdrive cups on it. I'd order extra dog bones, Rear uprights, steering arms and c blocks, and possibly a arms for all four corners.

For me though, I ordered extra a arms, but Its been a year and I've never changed the arms yet, or broke any for that matter.
"Experienced user"
Nooby - 11.12.12, 4:41 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
so you left the spur gear on it? because ive stripped one screw so i cant change the spur and did you leaf the diffs? on it?
(Last edited by Nooby : 11.12.12 at 4:43 pm)
"the parts killer!"
reddanx35 - 11.12.12, 4:50 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I left the spur alone, as im not sure what other brand fits on it. and the diffs I filled with grease.
"Experienced user"
Nooby - 11.12.12, 5:13 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
sorry, i really dont know anything about diffs and stuff. someone only told me that i need to replace them with metal ones if they were plastic. but i never heard something like grease.
"the parts killer!"
reddanx35 - 11.12.12, 5:23 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
the diffs and the diff gears inside are all metal. I only filled them with grease so I can get a semi locked feeling in the front end.
"Experienced user"
Nooby - 11.12.12, 7:18 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
ooh okay, thnx for your help!