Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Insert Witty Phrase Here."
Soulforged - 11.25.12, 8:26 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
ive had a single glitch with my dx3c and a sr300 dsm receiver. was in my scx10 doing a crawling run with friends, lost all steering and throttle. course i was moving at a super slow crawl, so no issue other than i fell off the log..

there were 5 other spektrum transmitters, 4 futaba, and 2 flysky all within about 10 feet of my truck as everyone was watching me drive along the log bridge and i was having to stand about 10 feet away for my drive..... everyone else got to be up close... i was doing hard mode.
You Say " I am canadian =)" Varchild says, "everyone has thier faults"
"Experienced user"
billzkustomz - 11.27.12, 3:26 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
JimPrower said
I suppose so...

which makes it VERY hard in my mind to justify buying a 4-channel set for an RC car, I guess.
have you heard of the traxxas summit? it needs a 4 channel radio.
"Experienced user"
Drey - 11.27.12, 9:35 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
billzkustomz said
have you heard of the traxxas summit? it needs a 4 channel radio.
Heck any crawler wanting to run a Dig and Winch.
Why do I love Shortcourse...because of the looks you get from the guys that forgot RC Racing is for fun!

CowRC.com Team Moo-Volution Sponsored Driver
"Experienced user"
sct4evr - 11.27.12, 10:21 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
why did spektrum change their radios to a black colour it doesn't look as nice as the spektrum DX3s i liked the grey like colour
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 11.28.12, 3:26 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
sct4evr said
why did spektrum change their radios to a black colour it doesn't look as nice as the spektrum DX3s i liked the grey like colour
Apparently the grey paint is what was causing all the glitches from what I hear...
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"dont FLIP me off!!!!!!"
skooterlego - 11.29.12, 7:21 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
i am going to get this i dont care how much it is in a few months i am getting a racer and this WILL be in my hands
--------check out my-------
------youtube channel------
-----RCSuperAddiction------
"Experienced user"
RemeCA - 11.29.12, 11:01 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Backlit screen and no more brownouts would make it a worthy successor to the DX3S. That's why I got rid of mine.
Once you go LiCoO2 , you never go NiOOH.

Need an avatar? Why not (V) ( ;,,; ) (V) ?
"Experienced user"
sct4evr - 12.11.12, 11:04 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
Apparently the grey paint is what was causing all the glitches from what I hear...
Thats something i never knew that just the colour of a radio can effect the frequency of it.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 12.12.12, 2:44 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
sct4evr said
Thats something i never knew that just the colour of a radio can effect the frequency of it.
it was a joke (sort of), Spektrum is notorious for being one of the worst quality radios on the planet, most racers in my area typically switch over to Futaba, Airtronics, Radio Post etc... heck there are even more Fly Sky radios than Spektrum locally, ha!

If you are going to be running solo, in an area with absolutely no other possible cause for electrical interference, then that is the only case where I would recommend a Spektrum.

Many folks claim that FlySky radios are the root cause, but I have not seen this personally, I have seen Spektrum glitches occur when no FlySky radio was in use.
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 12.12.12, 4:02 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Even if the flyskys are "causing" a glitch, it's still the spektrum's fault. By FCC rules, all devices on the 2.4ghz band must accept any interference and deal with it on their own. The speccy's inability to deal with interference is a design failure on their part. Every other radio can maintain communication in a crowded area - spektrum is the only one that can't quite figure it out. That's nobody's fault but spektrum's.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage