Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"PUT AWAY THOSE FIREY BISCUTS !"
KRO - 12.12.12, 4:53 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
I have NEVER had any glitching or any other problems with my Spektrum radios at big races or anywhere else . Never had a problem with FlySky radios either and I run with quite a few at the tracks I go to .

There are many components to an RC's power system and any one of them can cause problems . I feel people just wanna badmouth the brand because they dont like it and feel what they run is better .
My collection:
E LST2 ,TEN SCTE , Mini 8ight , Micro SCT , Mini E REVO , ERBE , B44 , Tekno EB48 , Tekno SCT410 , 5ive T
All brushless ! ELECTRIC RIPS AND NITRO DRIPS ! But GAS is top of the class ! Put away those fiery biscuits !
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 12.12.12, 8:57 am Post #32: | Reply With Quote
KRO said
There are many components to an RC's power system and any one of them can cause problems . I feel people just wanna badmouth the brand because they dont like it and feel what they run is better .
I have personally owned at least 4 different Spektrum radios and none of them have ever glitched on me. I agree that electrical components are partly to blame, however I have seen first hand with other drivers experiencing glitching from their Spektrum's. Not trying to bad mouth the company, just trying to report on what I have seen.

To be fair, I have had glitches with my FlySky, but that was due to driver error because I failed to extend the antenna in an upright direction, doh!

I have also seen some radio manuals caution the best method to hold a radio to get the best reception and I have to wonder if Spektrum technology happens to be more sensitive to the way a radio is held?
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 12.12.12, 1:14 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
KRO said
I feel people just wanna badmouth the brand because they dont like it and feel what they run is better .
i agree. however, i still feel that a mid-level brand like spektrum needs to look at their pricing, because i have compared a couple of spektrum radios with my old original gt-3, and really, i don't see how they are charging 4 to 5 times more than flysky. if i am going to shell out this amount of cash for a new radio, i am going to by something in the mid-price range from an upper end manufacturer.

but, in the end, i guess this is nice to have another 4 channel option for the guys that need 4 channels without paying through the colon for a futaba, or having to go through all of the work of hacking a gt-3b.
"Experienced user"
Pawer8 - 1.05.13, 9:57 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Ive had some problems with dsm but ive never heard about anyone having problems with dsm2

I got it for 192 in europe. Thats like 250usd...
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 1.05.13, 1:05 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
Interesting...trying to take a shot at Futaba?

Threat? Meh.
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"Experienced user"
Pawer8 - 1.05.13, 3:58 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
I think that this new spektrum has been created to be at the same level as the sanwa/airtronics mt-4 and some 4ch futaba.
In fact ive just bought the dx4s because of its price and the flexibility that it has
"Experienced user"
nachos - 1.21.13, 9:36 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
Pawer8 said
I think that this new spektrum has been created to be at the same level as the sanwa/airtronics mt-4 and some 4ch futaba.
In fact ive just bought the dx4s because of its price and the flexibility that it has
+1

I'm looking for a 4 way radio right now, but I don't want to pay an arm and leg for one. All my recievers are Spektrum in all my rigs, so it makes sense to stay with Spektrum. I want the 4 way to run my dig unit in my Wraith and I want the telemetry for a future Losi 5ive T.
I just hope the range issues have been addressed.
"Experienced user"
justpoet - 1.21.13, 10:08 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
I started looking at this, but I'm disappointed in finding that it won't go down below 11ms for frame rate. According to Spektrum's website for the product it only does 11 or 22. Even the older Spektrum's that I have use faster response times of 5.5ms.

So, at least with this initial offering, it looks like the choice is:
1) Stay with DSM2 and 5.5ms response times, but risk interference
2) Switch to this and DSMR to deal with interference, but loose responsiveness

I haven't looked at other radio systems to see if they went through something similar, but this certainly tells me I won't be upgrading anytime soon, as I don't have interference issues with DSM2 at the locations/tracks I drive at.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.22.13, 3:57 am Post #39: | Reply With Quote
5.5ms is only good if your ESC and Servo can handle it, otherwise expect severe glitching.
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Brushless or bust"
traxxasrockhead - 1.22.13, 4:07 am Post #40: | Reply With Quote
I prefer the futaba 4pl at the same price receivers cost about the same and I've read great things about the futaba but the spektrum or the 4pk s I prefer this I'm not that crazy to put down 500 on 1 transmitter I wouldn't even buy the dx3r pro I would still but the futaba I know the telemetry thing is good but really who is looking at there transmitter during a race or a bash session
"If you don't try you don't fail, and if you don't fail you don't learn"- anonymous