Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 11.24.12, 10:39 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
haha whoa! you really whacked that thing!
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.24.12, 12:25 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said
haha whoa! you really whacked that thing!
lol it looked like my truck and that parked car had some prearranged fate
this is how i remember it happening open up about 3/4 throttle saw car hit the brakes started to spin then bam right into the tire of the car. i partly blame it on the tires i was running cause instead of slowing the truck when i was braking it sent it into uncontrollable spin
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 11.24.12, 2:06 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
erevo1*16 said
I've cracked an RPM arm, and the hinge pin was still okay~

#DudesAroundHereLoveCarnagePics.

Holy crap what size rocks you running over and at what speed ?
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.24.12, 2:27 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
resonatortune said
ooooooohhhhh daaaaaaaanng the whole front broke off :O
the only piece that broke that you can see on that pic is the chassis almost everything else was in one piece the only thing that was holding it together was the motor wires
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.24.12, 2:32 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
erevo1*16 said
No doubt those STRC pins got bent because of the STRC arms too......

I've cracked an RPM arm, and the hinge pin was still okay~

#DudesAroundHereLoveCarnagePics.

the strc hinge pins are too long for the strc aluminum a arms thats why they got bent too much slack in them. also the mamba monster 1/8 system i got in it is the reason the pins were bent so badly too much power which isnt necessarily a bad thing
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.26.12, 12:43 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
after getting a few days in the only thing i broke was the differential. I had a backup but it spins too loosely to the point where im wasting power and getting decreased torque i believe its the grease i used cause i didnt have enough thrust grease so i got a new one so now i can rebuild this one. Other than that i havent had any problems I also mounted the shocks to the outer most position on the a arms and the inner most position on the rear shock tower and it rides low.
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.26.12, 3:57 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
check out the new gearing setup. i have to admit im a lil bit of a gearing freak i took up all the space with this 30t pinion 40t spur this should be interesting with the 34t spur i would do a wheelie right on the lid when i went full throttle i should get more usable speed now but we will see
(Last edited by draco321 : 9.24.13 at 12:02 pm)
"Experienced user"
resonatortune - 11.26.12, 4:15 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
draco321 said
check out the new gearing setup. i have to admit im a lil bit of a gearing freak i took up all the space with this 30t pinion 40t spur this should be interesting with the 34t spur i would do a wheelie right on the lid when i went full throttle i should get more usable speed now but we will see
WOW...be sure to take a video and upload it before the electronics burn out!
Slayer Pro 4x4 -- Anza Slash -- AE SC10 RS -- Oldschool T - maxx
Went electric and never went back.
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 11.26.12, 4:29 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
bigdodge44150 said
Holy crap what size rocks you running over and at what speed ?
Concrete step (off the sidewalk... Path to my front door.) at about 50mph.

@ draco... The pins shouldn't be too long... Traxxas has a fiberglass bar that goes in there if you want to take up that slop; someone else makes an aluminum one too, but I forget who.
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.-
Sir Winston Churchill
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.27.12, 2:50 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
resonatortune said
WOW...be sure to take a video and upload it before the electronics burn out!
thats why i went with an 1/8 scale motor the only batteries i was running 35c 5000mah 3s lipo the motor and esc never get over 100 degrees. i would rather have a motor i dont have to push to the limit to go fast but who knows will happen i might try 4s or 5s later but for now this is perfect. i got to get camera person
(Last edited by draco321 : 12.06.12 at 1:01 am)