Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.27.12, 3:01 am Post #21: | Reply With Quote
erevo1*16 said
Concrete step (off the sidewalk... Path to my front door.) at about 50mph.

@ draco... The pins shouldn't be too long... Traxxas has a fiberglass bar that goes in there if you want to take up that slop; someone else makes an aluminum one too, but I forget who.
the strc aluminum ones are slimmer than the stock ones the strc a arms came with e clips and pins i lked the idea of being able to hold them in place with a nut thats why i went with the strc locking hinge pins.i already got the fiberglass one installed
(Last edited by draco321 : 11.27.12 at 5:36 am)
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.27.12, 5:33 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
well after tried to mount the tranny the gears took up too much space so i had to gear it 25t 40t i get alot more usable speed now full throttle the wheels would only lift a lil bit i think i found the sweet spot with the gears 56t 18t was fun off road but on road its a lil slower than i like it to be.
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.27.12, 2:08 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
i just got a full day of running in and nothing broke this beast is fast i can go full throttle now and it stays on all four wheels. With all the upgrades ive put on this truck i finally got it tuned perfectly
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.28.12, 6:36 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Finally got it tuned perfectly here what im running my riding height is 3/4 inch off the ground
STRC-bulkhead, bell crank, caster, hub carriers front and rear 1.5 degrees toe in the rear carriers
FLM- tranny case, front and rear shock towers, sealed diff
RPM- front and rear bumpers, body mounts, and front a arms
LUNSFORD- titanium hinge pins
SAVOX- 1258 tg
JCONCEPTS- illuzion bajr desert body
CASTLE CREATIONS- Mamba monster 1/8 scale motor esc combo
LOSI- 1/8 scale shocks
FUTABA- 3pl rx tx
ROBINSON RACING- idler gear and 56t slipper kit 32p 25t pinion
PROLINE- badlands 17mm size
CHUCKWORKS- slice A 4.5 chassis reverse tranny design
MIP- x duty steel cvds
TRAXXAS- 17mm adapters
INTEGY-40t steel spur
(Last edited by draco321 : 9.24.13 at 12:02 pm)
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 11.28.12, 9:07 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Trees, rocks, curbs, posts, and now parked cars! Oh, the carnage and the never ending repairs they necessitate.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.29.12, 4:48 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel said
Trees, rocks, curbs, posts, and now parked cars! Oh, the carnage and the never ending repairs they necessitate.
i know what you mean its like the faster you go the more obvious things are out to destroy the truck you should mention potholes on that list to I've had a couple of them throw me off course into some immovable object
"casual master mechanic"
gnrkenny - 11.29.12, 6:03 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote

lets not forget the dreaded dog...
I hate curbs
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 11.29.12, 8:15 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
"...immovable object..." Oh, they move. They move.

A friend's dog was only happy when he was stepping on one of our RC cars. I think he was jealous that he couldn't run as fast as them. Now that's just crazy canine shenanigans right there.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 11.29.12, 2:40 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel said
"...immovable object..." Oh, they move. They move.

A friend's dog was only happy when he was stepping on one of our RC cars. I think he was jealous that he couldn't run as fast as them. Now that's just crazy canine shenanigans right there.
yeah they move my truck right to the ICG (intensive care garage) or even worse junk drawer
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.01.12, 6:45 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
well i just decided to get flm sealed differential also got some 60,000 cst and #100,000 fill at about 3/4 full if anyone has any tips about the diff let me know it will probably be here on wed or thurs
(Last edited by draco321 : 12.06.12 at 1:06 am)