Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.06.12, 5:35 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
I just got finished doing a test run with the diff installed with 120,000 wgt diff fluid. First it seems that the truck gets better traction cause when i went over bumps it wasnt jumping all over the place and it seemed to drift better around turns less wasted power when the outside wheel lifts around turns. Second i took it in the street the acceleration was improved with only ten minutes testing thats the only observations i could make ill report back when i get a lil more run time with it
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.07.12, 4:42 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
i got a lil more time in with it on a more rugged course part grass part golf ball sized stones it ran like a champ. One interesting thing i found out was it doesnt diff out while i was running it was bouncing less, i was driving and the truck ended up driving on the left side wheels with the right front and rear in the air and it was still driving, if i would have done that before it would have simply have just stopped because both wheels werent making contact with the ground thus the term diff out. I wasnt able to get much running time in cause my shock screw backed out of the a arm easy fix and its cold as h@#$ outside in Ga ill wait till it warms up a lil just wanted to post some quick observations
(Last edited by draco321 : 12.07.12 at 8:01 am)
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 12.07.12, 7:33 am Post #43: | Reply With Quote
Cold, directly proportional to plastic fragility. Be careful golfing with you Slash.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.07.12, 8:00 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel said
Cold, directly proportional to plastic fragility. Be careful golfing with you Slash.
thanks for the advice i cut the run short earlier cause last time i ran in the cold i snapped the chassis im thinking about making a aluminum support brace that mounts under the tranny and at the screws that connect the chassis to the front end underneath to strengthen this area up a lil, watchin this truck kick rocks up with some velocity ask my transmitter after a direct hit which would have hit me if i didnt have the remote in front of my chest but its a blast to watch
(Last edited by draco321 : 12.07.12 at 8:03 am)
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 12.07.12, 8:16 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
There are evil trees and there are evil rocks as well.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.07.12, 8:40 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel said
There are evil trees and there are evil rocks as well.
well put gotta give it an endurance test though even if it breaks i gotta figure how much it can take the part that will break is easily replaced cause its only $15 shipped im thinking about ordering a spare just to have around. on another subject this truck was pulling plants out by the roots when i was running.
(Last edited by draco321 : 12.07.12 at 4:03 pm)
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.07.12, 4:11 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
doing a little tune up today had to get a new bumper cause the old one was ate up from wheelies, i had to tightening some loose screws that i can only get to with the truck disassembled also got the 37t spur in today i tried the 30t pinion it was just a lil too big guess im going to get another 34t or 36t spur to run the 30t pinion. heres some pics since i have everything half broke down
(Last edited by draco321 : 9.24.13 at 12:00 pm)
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.09.12, 9:21 am Post #48: | Reply With Quote
well after the battery connector on the battery came completely off from a combination of the heat and the angle it was connected to the esc was putting strain on it had to take a trip to the hobby town to get it soldered back on. I decided to gear down to 20t pinion 40t spur since the set screw on the 25t is stripping not completely but its slipping when it starts to get tight
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.10.12, 4:48 am Post #49: | Reply With Quote
after running with the sealed diff for 5 days the 120,000 wt diff oil is already thinned out it has about the same consistency as the black grease from the stock diff. When i first installed the diff the wheels would turn but slower than they normally turn. guess im going to break it down and try the 200,000 wt diff oil. Overall i really like the sealed diff it actually tamed the slash into a more consistent racing, bashing , on road and off road vehicle especially with the punishment I'm putting through it a must have for any slash owner if you haven't already sealed your own
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.10.12, 6:08 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
correction i just took it apart right before i took the tranny apart i turned the axles to see the feel of it I'm glad i did the diff is still turning the same as it was last week im not sure why its less resistance when i spin the wheels ill probably run another week to see how it runs before i break it down