Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.10.12, 9:22 am Post #51: | Reply With Quote
on another note i want to compare this flm to the integy aluminum tranny. First most people think the difference in the tranny isnt worth it with the integy being 25 to 30 and the flm 50 to 60 i admit i thought the same thing thats why i ended up buying the integy case 2 of them. I didnt realize it but the integy case has some tolerance issues to the point where i was taking the tranny apart on a regular basis to fix something. With the flm once i got everything installed nothing needed to be adjusted plus the sealed diff it takes all the slack out of the diff the is no side to side play at all. on another note the room to gear is another difference the flm wins again cause there is ridiculous amount of room to gear, the integy case left very little room to experiment with gearing. the flm also has a locknut to hold the shock tower in place no more stripped holes like the integy. i bought two integy cases before i figured out i needed another tranny case if i would have just bought this one in the first place i couldve saved myself 60. just my opinion
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.10.12, 3:53 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
im surprised that i haven't had one roll pin break on me since I've installed this gearbox the robinson racing idler gear is damn near indestructible. I just realized my hole tranny housing and gears spur and pinion are all aluminum or steel it seems to be working well with my setup.I thought about using some plastic gears for the spur gear, i intend to start drag racing so i needed something that could take the punishment of me gunning it on 3s plastic wouldn't work. geared at 37t spur 25t pinion my top speed should be in the 70s enough to keep up with nitro trucks im gonna try to get the old bearing housing out of the 34t spur gear tonight ill report back later
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.10.12, 5:09 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
i fixed it i finally got the outer bearing out of my 34t spur now i can gear 34t spur 30t pinion
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.10.12, 5:43 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
ok got everything installed 34t 30t according to the gearing chart with this gearing i should be in the mid 80s ill see how it runs tomorrow this should be interesting
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.11.12, 2:02 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
well i had to break down the tranny cause the diff gears were shredded . The diff fluid was black and thinned out with gears imbedded in the case so after spending about an hour cleaning out the gear pieces and oil i got it back together. I put in some 200,000 wt fluid in it
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.12.12, 2:44 am Post #56: | Reply With Quote
i found out the hard way i cant do speed unless the area is totally smooth. While i was running yesterday every time i got up to 60 a little bump would make me wheelie while im trying to put power to the ground thats also why my diff went out on me yesterday
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.12.12, 4:56 am Post #57: | Reply With Quote
the dam@ battery connector on the positive side came loose again. i cant understand it i wasnt going half throttle. it must be the cold is making the solder connections brittle then the power comes through it and off it comes. i gotta figure out a solution to this cause its starting to get on my nerves there wasnt any strain on the wire this time
"Experienced user"
slashbash22 - 12.12.12, 5:17 am Post #58: | Reply With Quote
12 posts in a row much?
Traxxas Slash LCG SV3 4600kv 2s Race Truck

Traxxas Slash HCG XL-5 2s Basher W/ Trenchers

G'S RC Raceway Shippensburg PA
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.12.12, 5:49 am Post #59: | Reply With Quote
slashbash22 said
12 posts in a row much?
well i am the op and i am the only one driving this truck so unless you can magically see whats going on with my truck then the only way people are going to find out is if i post 12 times in a row also some people want to know my thoughts of the diff and other parts im running.
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 12.12.12, 5:54 am Post #60: | Reply With Quote
slashbash22 said
12 posts in a row much?
i only expect responses when i ask a question so far i havent asked anything on this post just giving my thoughts. So it will only be me posting 99% of the time. i stay off lame topics that have nothing to do with anything.