Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.06.13, 4:12 pm Post #91: | Reply With Quote
Nice job. Are those the G Made shocks?
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 1.07.13, 10:24 am Post #92: | Reply With Quote
The shocks are from topcad in Hong Kong and are for the Axial Wraith. here's a better photo:

They do them in Black, Gun Metal, and silver
Some people have suggested they are rebadged integy stuff but I don't think so, the design is slightly different but in this day and age who knows? .

Here's the link - they do some other nice looking bits too

http://www.topcad.com.hk/product_inf...roducts_id=204
slash5803.wordpress.com - a (poorly maintained) blog about a small toy for a big boy
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.07.13, 10:30 am Post #93: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info tachikoma1373.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 1.07.13, 11:59 am Post #94: | Reply With Quote
Not done much tonight, just reassembled the front end after painting the light mount black then taken a couple more photos in a vain attempt to gain my audiences flattery

Sorry about the glare from the chrome - camera phone.

Just got to sort this damned backend out which I think is going to have to based around the current setup rather than waiting for the RPM transmission as there are no clues as to when they are arriving in the UK.
slash5803.wordpress.com - a (poorly maintained) blog about a small toy for a big boy
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.07.13, 2:19 pm Post #95: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info on the shocks. Much appreciated.

Just keeps looking better and better. How close are you to running it?
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
mercman64 - 1.07.13, 8:19 pm Post #96: | Reply With Quote
I like it, ill trade you a half done rc4wd sand rail for it, lol
RC cars...... Its more than a hobby..... Its a lifestyle
Nexx8 / Jammin X1 / SCRT10 / XXX-NT / XXX-SCT / Savage XS
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 1.11.13, 5:03 pm Post #97: | Reply With Quote
trashyrich said
Thanks for the info on the shocks. Much appreciated.

Just keeps looking better and better. How close are you to running it?
No worries. Thank you. Promised myself no running it until its done - but I'm not quite sure what that means myself You know what us RC geeks are like

Anyway got a panel for the back cut tonight, but needs more cutting tomorrow to put some vents in so no pics I'm afraid people. I would however ask for your thoughts.....

I want lights on the roof.

The ones I'm using on the front have the look but look a bit lost on the roof. They need to be wider so do I buy 3 of these

and have them spaced across the front of the roof (1 left, 1 centre, 1 right) or do I buy 2 of these

and join them together somehow to create a 6 bar light that is centre mounted on the roof (which would better reflect the way the front lights look and make them match in style).

I think I know just got the feeling a six light bar in that classic Baja style will look great but I'm unsure how to do it. I can't solder or anything (other than a bit on electrics).

I might figure something out but in the interim ideas appreciated.

Goodnight for now but remember, "Lets be careful out there"
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 1.12.13, 1:14 pm Post #98: | Reply With Quote
Well as I said did and bit more work on the rear panel. It's not mounted yet I have mocked it up (good old sellotape) and here's what it looks like.

I also found out today that I can now pre-order the RPM transmission and they are due in the UK in 1- 2 weeks so that's now sitting in my online shopping basket whilst I decide which lights to order as well. I'm now considering this et as I think it will be wide enough to not look lost on the roof. Anyway that's all for now. Have a good one people.

"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.12.13, 1:25 pm Post #99: | Reply With Quote
tachikoma1373, you must be told right now, this instant, your buggy is looking great!
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
XDEEDUBBX - 1.12.13, 8:56 pm Post #100: | Reply With Quote
looks good man, your doing a great job