Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
mercman64 - 12.07.12, 5:20 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Aka makes those pro-5 black five spoke 1/8 buggy wheels with the little silver beadlock looking rim. i like them alot.....but still doesnt look as scale because of the thin tire profile
RC cars...... Its more than a hobby..... Its a lifestyle
Nexx8 / Jammin X1 / SCRT10 / XXX-NT / XXX-SCT / Savage XS
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 12.07.12, 1:48 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
How about the wheels on mine? Jconcept tense .. No bead lock but a nice silver center hub
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
mercman64 - 12.07.12, 3:49 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
+1 on the tense wheels. have two sets and love the looks
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 12.07.12, 5:35 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Oh yes the are quite nice those - like that hub. I would have to order them from your side of the pond as nobody stocks jconcepts over here it seems - other wise I'd of had a bajr body by now

I've been considering some pro-line badlands because of the diameter being slightly bigger than a normal SC tyre but they are also wider and they not quite "scale enough" for me - bit too nobbly if that makes sense

Got some more updates to add - nothing major - but way past my bed time and the evening is taking its toll
slash5803.wordpress.com - a (poorly maintained) blog about a small toy for a big boy
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 12.08.12, 5:01 am Post #35: | Reply With Quote
I've been loking at heights and I may even go for the 2.8's (badlands) on electric rears. The SC's are

Height: 4.40" (112mm) Width:1.96" (50mm) whilst the 2.8's are Height: 4.95" (126mm) Width: 2.10" (53mm). The existing trenchers you can see in the photos above are Height: 4.35" (111mm) Width: 1.83" (47mm). I currently can't help but think the trenchers are too small - what do you guys think?
slash5803.wordpress.com - a (poorly maintained) blog about a small toy for a big boy
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 12.08.12, 7:52 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Yeah, the Trenchers look too small to me.
radio-control-ophile
that rock popped up outta nowhere
"Experienced user"
mercman64 - 12.08.12, 1:41 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
yep, i think 2.8s will look better on that rig.....and a little added width will help stability out quite a but, that thing is not going to have a low center of gravity. lol.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 12.08.12, 4:55 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
I like the look of my 2.8 Trenchers (all front) on my Pede.
radio-control-ophile
that rock popped up outta nowhere
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 12.08.12, 5:40 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
So here's a question will a jconcepts slash 2wd overtray fit on top of the pro-line slash 2wd undertray - lets ignore the cooling issue for now though :-)

I say this because I'm going to place an order for 2 sets of 2.8 electric rear badlands on Desperado Black Wheels and a pro-line undertray - its really gonna help hide those ugly interior views that will spoil the semi-scale look I'm after.

Oh and in case anyone is interested I have a hunch this SC8 rollcage idea may work really well on the new LCG 4x4 chassis. If I had the money I would be trying right now to be honest.
"Experienced user"
mercman64 - 12.08.12, 6:23 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
Why do you want to stack overtrays?.