Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
Nate510 - 11.28.12, 6:22 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey everyone my dad just got an hpi Sprint 2 drift car on Black Friday and now i want one lol, but have don't have that much money to spend like he does. soooo... I have been researching and looking around and my questions are:

1. What's better: Madspeed Drift king brushless or Exceed drift star?

2. I will eventually convert one of these into a rally car. Which one is better to convert?

3. Which one has more upgrades and parts? I'm worried that the one I go with mite use proprietary parts just like how one of my paintball guns (damn Spyders.) Basically, Which one can use other parts from other brands,cars, ect.

4. Should I use blue lock tite or something so screws or parts won't become lose?

Thanks in advance!
"Rally Enthusiast"
rcrunkle - 11.29.12, 4:09 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
well if you want a rally get a hobbyking rally car, they are 1/16 and you can purchase a drift kit to get drift tyres and lock the differential to get some real drifts not sliding uncontrolled. Here is the link to the extreme edition,

and the drift kit...
Some say he tought Star Wars was a documentary, others say he was raised by a pack of wolves...

All we know is that he's the Stig!
"Experienced user"
David Brock - 11.29.12, 5:11 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure if you search the videos You will see footage Exceed or madspeed on a dirt track doing jumps and other rally like stuff.
"Bay Area Drifter"
DRIV3R - 11.29.12, 7:48 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
What's your budget? You could probably pick up a Sprint 2 used for the same price as a madspeed new.
Youtube/Instagram @ Nismobao
Traxxas Rustler VXL (for sale) - Eagle Racing R31-16FM @ 2.18 CS - HPI Sprint 2 RWD
I offer custom vinyls/license plates for your R/C cars and custom body work. PM me for more info.
"New user"
Nate510 - 11.30.12, 11:34 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
DRIV3R said
What's your budget? You could probably pick up a Sprint 2 used for the same price as a madspeed new.
I think ima just get a Tamiya TT-01 instead so I don't have to go through the trouble of ordering parts.
"Experienced user"
DKnight1000 - 12.01.12, 4:58 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I own a TT01 and I love it, but it's a very basic Tourer.
"Experienced user"
A233M - 12.01.12, 5:54 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
get a TT01,M06 or M05
"Experienced user"
Schs2013 - 1.16.13, 11:33 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I am looking for my first rally car with so many brand which should i choose?
i have a 400.00$ budget(that has to include taxes)
Should i go wit 2wd or 4wd?
i like scales around 1/10 scale up to 1/8 scale i am not a speed freak anything under 45 km/H is okay with me. what are some options?
i am a total noobie to rally so any help i can get will be helpful!