Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
Nate510 - 11.28.12, 5:22 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey everyone my dad just got an hpi Sprint 2 drift car on Black Friday and now i want one lol, but have don't have that much money to spend like he does. soooo... I have been researching and looking around and my questions are:

1. What's better: Madspeed Drift king brushless or Exceed drift star?

2. I will eventually convert one of these into a rally car. Which one is better to convert?

3. Which one has more upgrades and parts? I'm worried that the one I go with mite use proprietary parts just like how one of my paintball guns (damn Spyders.) Basically, Which one can use other parts from other brands,cars, ect.

4. Should I use blue lock tite or something so screws or parts won't become lose?

Thanks in advance!
"Rally Enthusiast"
rcrunkle - 11.29.12, 3:09 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
well if you want a rally get a hobbyking rally car, they are 1/16 and you can purchase a drift kit to get drift tyres and lock the differential to get some real drifts not sliding uncontrolled. Here is the link to the extreme edition,
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Edition.html

and the drift kit...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rsion_Kit.html
Some say he tought Star Wars was a documentary, others say he was raised by a pack of wolves...

All we know is that he's the Stig!
"Experienced user"
David Brock - 11.29.12, 4:11 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure if you search the videos You will see footage Exceed or madspeed on a dirt track doing jumps and other rally like stuff.
"Bay Area Drifter"
DRIV3R - 11.29.12, 6:48 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
What's your budget? You could probably pick up a Sprint 2 used for the same price as a madspeed new.
Youtube/Instagram @ Nismobao
Traxxas Rustler VXL (for sale) - Eagle Racing R31-16FM @ 2.18 CS - HPI Sprint 2 RWD
I offer custom vinyls/license plates for your R/C cars and custom body work. PM me for more info.
"New user"
Nate510 - 11.30.12, 10:34 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
DRIV3R said
What's your budget? You could probably pick up a Sprint 2 used for the same price as a madspeed new.
I think ima just get a Tamiya TT-01 instead so I don't have to go through the trouble of ordering parts.
"Experienced user"
DKnight1000 - 12.01.12, 3:58 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I own a TT01 and I love it, but it's a very basic Tourer.
"Experienced user"
A233M - 12.01.12, 4:54 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
get a TT01,M06 or M05
"Experienced user"
Schs2013 - 1.16.13, 10:33 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I am looking for my first rally car with so many brand which should i choose?
i have a 400.00$ budget(that has to include taxes)
Should i go wit 2wd or 4wd?
i like scales around 1/10 scale up to 1/8 scale i am not a speed freak anything under 45 km/H is okay with me. what are some options?
i am a total noobie to rally so any help i can get will be helpful!