Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
3DSteve - 1.02.13, 8:12 am Post #91: | Reply With Quote
Drewderzslash said
.15 powered, I have a NIB TRX2.5 I'd swap in!!!
I'd trade that 3.3 for like an OS .12/.15 motor , or something with a USABLE powerband.

The 3.3 is only in this truck as a sell point over the SC10gt, which is .18 i think.
I would bet money that if Traxxas put the 2.5 (.15) in this, (Cough*LIKE THEY SHOULD) they would think that poeple will buy the sc10 because it has more umphhh.
I can imagine all the people going back and forth and eventually saying
"i want the one with the biggest motor"
Imagine if they were able to get a licensing deal with NOS. You don't even have to do anything different, just put NOS logos on the engine.
"RAM!"
rlhalo3 - 1.02.13, 10:51 am Post #92: | Reply With Quote
federally said
Nitro is only dead here on URC. Out in the real world nitro is still pretty popular.

Also why wouldn't Traxxas put a stupid big motor in it? How many guys buy the regular 2wd slash and put stupid big motors in and run 3S? Having more power then can possibly be controlled or actually transferred to the road surface is what many bashers are all about, for reasons I can't comprehend, and Traxxas caters to that crowd.

Personally, while I definitely want a nitro this isn't the one for me.
Agreed. I think the reason for urc being mostly electric is beacuse jang 99% of the time does electric so its not all that popular here.
(Last edited by rlhalo3 : 1.02.13 at 10:56 am)
HPI/ HB:: ___Truckzilla lrp .30__ __ Vorza Flux hp__ __ Savage 4.6
MGT 8.0 with axial .32 <-- sick engine
MGT 8.0 Coverted brushless running tekin rx8/t8 2250kv combo - Spektrum dx3c
RX8>Mamba
"Experienced user"
MadMax96 - 1.03.13, 5:49 am Post #93: | Reply With Quote
defender.TX said
I don't really understand why everybody is so negative about this truck. Think about this: Traxxas already had developed the majority of the parts in this truck. The Engine and starting system are reused, the chassis is mostly reused. They may have put some time developing exclusive shock mounts or whatever, but the majority of the parts were probably sitting on Traxxas warehouse shelves.

So they take a bunch of parts they already have, throw them together in a "new" configuration, and bring something new to market. What's the harm in that? Seems to me that it fills a gap and they are only $389! That's a lot of power for less than $400, and while it might be a handful to drive some guy love going out on the dirt trails behind their houses and just getting silly.
Sounds like they are taking lessons from Harley Davidson. HD has like 30 different models of motorcycles using like 4 chassis and less than a half dozen engines.

Hmm - so Traxxas took many parts they already have and put it under the name/platform that is probably their best seller? No brainer to me!

I've always wanted a nitro RC and for some reason this one really intrigues me. Don't think it'll ever happen tho - living in the burbs all I'd do is tick off the neighbors and possibly run into a small kid on their bike...heh.
-Matt
Slash 2WD - SC10 FT - Summit - Axial SCX10 Dingo - ECX Ruckus - Slash 4x4 Platinum - Losi 1/24 Micro Brushless SCT
"On An Adventure!"
LGA45 - 1.04.13, 7:32 am Post #94: | Reply With Quote
MadMax96 said
Sounds like they are taking lessons from Harley Davidson. HD has like 30 different models of motorcycles using like 4 chassis and less than a half dozen engines.

Hmm - so Traxxas took many parts they already have and put it under the name/platform that is probably their best seller? No brainer to me!

I've always wanted a nitro RC and for some reason this one really intrigues me. Don't think it'll ever happen tho - living in the burbs all I'd do is tick off the neighbors and possibly run into a small kid on their bike...heh.
Yeah.... I got complaints about my savage, so it's not run at home anymore. only at remote bash sites.
Traxxas: MJ Pede (Max-D), MERV
Exceed: Rally Monster, Blaze
Projects: Streetpede, LOBO IV, Toygrade
HPI: Savage 4.6
Check out my youtube channel! lukegeisz
"Brushless or bust"
traxxasrockhead - 1.05.13, 4:54 pm Post #95: | Reply With Quote
federally said
Nitro is only dead here on URC. Out in the real world nitro is still pretty popular.
so true at my local track everyone runs nitro and they laugh at me because i run electric and i just laugh right back at them because while im running the are tuning
"If you don't try you don't fail, and if you don't fail you don't learn"- anonymous
"Experienced user"
3DSteve - 1.05.13, 5:20 pm Post #96: | Reply With Quote
federally said
Nitro guys are too busy cleaning the oily film off their rigs to use the internet.
"Big Talkin Know Nothin"
federally - 1.05.13, 8:41 pm Post #97: | Reply With Quote
You two perfectly fit the stereotype of the URC poster, good on ya.
Electrix Ruckus EzRun 60amp esc + Vxl motor
Axial SCX10 Sidewinder Sv2 + Tacon 1200kv motor

Sparta, TN
"New user"
arex - 2.07.14, 7:44 pm Post #98: | Reply With Quote
Have this truck . any one no if you can fit the slayer 2 speed set up in this or even better , can you convert nitro slash to slayer 4x4 ?
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 2.08.14, 12:51 pm Post #99: | Reply With Quote
as far as I know, no and no.

two completely different platforms that share no real common parts.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 Worlds - RC8T CE-E]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC]
RC4WD [Bully] Gmade [Sawback]