Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Because Racecar"
thestug - 12.03.12, 12:50 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Rsickles said
Everyone is overlooking the biggest advantage a nitro brings to a 2wd platform: a centrifugal clutch.

Spend the time with tuning it (likely upgrading since it's a crappy Traxxis clutch; IIRC Buku makes a TRX clutch), and laying down the power should be a modest improvement in the throttle feel.
I'm a little confused. What is the advantage of a centrifugal clutch? Aren't all nitro engine centrifugal clutch.
Some say that he urinates 98 octane gasoline and that he sees everything in binary...

No one likes saggy voltage. No one.
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 12.03.12, 12:54 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
6 or 7th thread merged. Expecting 20 by day's end.
LOLZ!!!!

sorry for that flag I threw at you... I knew it would hit the "news" again soon, so I thought I'd try to help keep you as far out in front as I could.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"ExPerieNceD UsEr"
guys2nv - 12.03.12, 1:23 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
St3alth_Frenzy said
I think that the slayer is 4x4 (nitro slash 4x4)
Slayer is more related to the Revo line since it uses the same chassis as the nitro Revo.

thestug said
I'm a little confused. What is the advantage of a centrifugal clutch? Aren't all nitro engine centrifugal clutch.
All the Traxxas nitro RC's I've owned all had centrifugal clutches.
(Last edited by guys2nv : 12.03.12 at 1:26 pm)
| Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
| Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG | Blitz |
|
TLR 22T | Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All | Trains and Lanes, Easton PA

"Experienced user"
RemeCA - 12.03.12, 1:37 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
Where's all the talk about the Losi Ten-SCT that would wipe the floor with anything Traxxas puts out? It's been out for months. It also has the 3.4 engine, better than the 2.5 or 3.3 Traxxas puts out.
Once you go LiCoO2 , you never go NiOOH.

Need an avatar? Why not (V) ( ;,,; ) (V) ?
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 12.03.12, 2:14 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
...can't tell if serious or not. The Ten SCT is electric.
The American James May
"Experienced user"
Rsickles - 12.03.12, 2:14 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
thestug said
That's correct.

A centrifugal clutch is fully disengaged at engine idle (when you let off the throttle and the car is coasting, not turning the engine/motor over like an electric), you have a mechanical brake - which is a lot more consistent than electric motor breaking, centrifugal clutches can be tuned for different engagement points and strengths, and have a more 'solid' feel than a slipper (although this car has both).

There's a huge advantage to nitro, especially in a tail-happy 2wd, that most people are overlooking.
(Last edited by Rsickles : 12.03.12 at 2:17 pm)
Brands I choose to support:
O.S. Engines, Savox Servos, KO Propo, Dialed Inc, Sweep Racing, A Main Hobbies
"Experienced user"
RemeCA - 12.03.12, 2:19 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
JimPrower said
...can't tell if serious or not. The Ten SCT is electric.
No. The Ten-SCTE is electric. This is the Ten-SCT:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155120

3 pages since July, vs. 6 pages over 3 threads (since merged) starting just a few days ago. Don't understand the excitement when there is already something better on the market.

"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 12.03.12, 2:24 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Did you read this thread?? Half of the thread is making fun of it... A third of it is saying that its cool... But not a big deal. The other 1/3 of it is Jang merging threads that dudes keep starting....

And then there is the fact that the traxxas facebook page has 67k "likes" and losi and tlr combined have less than 8k.... How deep is your pocket?

Heck- Jang's URC fb page has over 5k.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"New user"
ericmaxman - 12.03.12, 2:28 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
BSRC said $600 street price.

That's even more than the Slayer Pro!
* Nothing to see *
"Experienced user"
RemeCA - 12.03.12, 2:30 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
What does my pocket have to do with anything? I was following along until that...