Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.02.12, 5:20 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
My two boys and I are doing a couple of Jang mods on their Slashes: a Backslash and a Wide Mod Monster Truck. We're also going to be doing some racing for the first time so we're putting together a couple of spec Slashes and prepping my LCG Slash for Pro 2.

The plan so far:

Dirty basher #1 to become a Slash Monster Truck (nothing happening with my brother in-law's Clod in the background)

Dirty basher #2 to become a Backslash

Rustler roller donor and chassis from the LCG Slash to become a spec Slash

New roller to become a spec Slash

The LCG Slash to get at least tires, bellcrank, slipper, motor

Diving in

Field frosting

Got 'em hosed down and stripped of power plants

Backslash doesn't need bumpers, spec Slash does

Replaced the Rustler rear arms with Slash rear arms (Rustler rear arms will be used as the Slash Monster Truck front arms ala the wide mod)

Ready to start sourcing parts

"Experienced user"
Michigan66 - 12.02.12, 1:40 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Coolio!
ma baby slash
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.02.12, 3:55 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Thanks, man

Rustler rear arms now mounted to the front and rear of the Slash MT. Rear shocks up front since the RPM arms lack the closer mounting holes.

Backslash wing mount.

"Experienced user"
szac - 12.03.12, 6:05 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Clodbuster hubs are 12mm

And here's a rough fitting. Still in need of proper screw lengths, camber/steering links, and new springs.

"Experienced user"
rcericb - 12.03.12, 6:33 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Looks like so much fun! How much are you into it now
Brushless Only
Go big or Go home
BAY AREA
BMX too
#BOSTERSRC
"Experienced user"
mercman64 - 12.03.12, 6:38 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
sometimes i wish i had more slashes and rustlers layin around, theres just so much you can do with them, down to one lcg slash 2wd and a rustler with an identity crises. both in pieces, lol
RC cars...... Its more than a hobby..... Its a lifestyle
Nexx8 / Jammin X1 / SCRT10 / XXX-NT / XXX-SCT / Savage XS
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.03.12, 7:06 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
rcericb said
Looks like so much fun! How much are you into it now
So far for this project $20 for the RPM arms and wing mount. Going for Suprasales buggy tires/wheels for the Backslash which leaves hub adapters, body, and wing. The MT just needs links all around and a pinion (12t) to get running. We'll see how everything else on it holds up...
"Experienced user"
n_d_fox - 12.04.12, 1:34 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Awesome build... very interesting for someone like me who has returned to the hobby from a long absence and is looking at the Slash (F-150 Raptor) following a Lunchbox resto

Looking forward to more progress reports.

Thanks, Nige
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.04.12, 10:10 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
n_d_fox said
Awesome build... very interesting for someone like me who has returned to the hobby from a long absence and is looking at the Slash (F-150 Raptor) following a Lunchbox resto
Nice! Lunchbox was my first hobby grade RC back in the late 80's. I actually just reached out to my buddy who believes it might still be at his parents house. I'd love to get it back.
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 12.04.12, 1:51 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
-Sub-

Pretty sweet build thread(s).

Nice to see you've got some help turning wrenches! I'm a dad at the age of 32, and my dad and I really don't do anything but hunt together. (he fishes, I golf... its really water/oil) so to see you and the boys sharing some quality time in the shop together is prob. the coolest part of this thread to me.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill