Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.13.12, 4:10 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Started prepping a couple of bodies I'm painting in trade (plus cash) for a nice little parts haul

Raptor 'Pede - Metallic blue with green/white tribal flames, silver accents
Red Wings themed Flo-Tek

For (and a new titan 12t)

"Experienced user"
n_d_fox - 12.14.12, 3:59 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Looking forward to the progress on the bodies if those sketches are anything to go by
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 12.15.12, 8:51 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
nice. i am digging the clod tires on the one. i have been kicking around doing something similar, except i was thinking about swapping the hexes for lunchbox hubs, and running 4 rear lunchbox wheels and tires for a nice fat ballon look.
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 12.15.12, 12:03 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Looking good.
I am looking forward to following this.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 12.15.12, 12:09 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
wow your concept art on the bodies is phenomenal!

good luck with the build, i'm a fan of that monster thing you've created already! haha
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.15.12, 8:53 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Thanks, dudes

Made some progress on the "for trade" bodies. Got the art down, liquid mask sprayed, and masks cut.

Cutting the mask

Weeding the black mask

"I don't have a Slash anymore."
Slashowner2wd - 12.15.12, 9:00 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
You will be making 2 Spec Slashes or 2 Racing Slashes right? I suggest make one of those into street car. Just a suggestion.
If you ask me where one year's worth of money went I will tell you to go to my hobby shop.
Team Associated SC10 FT / Ofna LX2e / Team Associated TC4
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.15.12, 9:30 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Slashowner2wd said
You will be making 2 Spec Slashes or 2 Racing Slashes right? I suggest make one of those into street car. Just a suggestion.
Two of the Slashes we're making are for racing in the spec class. One I'm going to run in mod and the other two what my kids wanted: a Backslash and a Monster Truck. For now, we pretty much just like beating on them in the mud.
"Experienced user"
szac - 12.16.12, 3:35 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Got these wrapped up, and am now ready to dive back in to the builds! Pretty sure the only thing we're missing now are the 1/8 buggy wheels/tires, 1/8 buggy body, and the MT body.

"Experienced user"
Legoman - 12.16.12, 3:51 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
Awesome work on the bodies! Phenomenal work!