Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 12.05.12, 11:06 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote

The RPM Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts for Traxxas 2wd vehicles is designed to solve a multitude of issues with stock and other aftermarket transmission housings. Our gearbox housing and mounts are a blend of aluminum and molded nylon parts for the perfect combination of strength, durability and heat dissipation. Check out this awesome list of included features:

Aluminum Motor Plate
  • Manufactured in the USA from 3mm thick, 6061 T6 aluminum for serious strength and durability.
  • Locks in gear mesh for worry-free pinion to spur settings, eliminating fears of exploding spur and pinion gears from an overheated stock transmission case.
  • Offers significant motor heat dissipation for cooler motor temperatures, unlike stock plastic motor plates that insulate the motor.
  • Not integrated with the rear bumper mounts, meaning rear impacts will not bend the motor plate, (when used with a rear bumper or bumper mounting system such as RPM #80902 or #80905).
  • Molded Gearbox Housings
  • Molded from our blend of bulletproof nylons in three popular color choices for guaranteed durability, strength and style.
  • Retains stock bumper mounting holes for positive, solid support of any bumper or wheelie bars you may choose.
  • Retains a stock “cover” for the motor, adding motor protection where most aftermarket housings leave the motor completely exposed to rear impacts.
  • We modified our housing to eliminate the huge bottom hole in the stock housing, keeping your internal gears cleaner, longer.
  • Quiet! With a completely enclosed gearbox housing, you’ll no longer have the loudest transmission on the track.
  • Redesigned exterior features are smoother; making it less likely dirt will adhere or build up on the case.
  • Separate housing and rear mounts means transmission maintenance won’t affect suspension settings.
  • Molded Rear Mounts (0° & 3° Rear Mounts Included)
  • Separate from the gearbox housing and easy to access. Each mount is individually accessible and removable without removing the transmission or vice versa. Simply unbolt 2 screws (and a hinge pin) to remove an A-arm mount or 6 screws to remove the transmission!
  • Sold with two sets of rear mounts in each package – 0° and 3° rear mounts are included.
  • Molded from the RPM blend of ultra durable, long lasting, bulletproof nylons.
  • Molded mounts means tighter tolerances and less slop than with machined components for better camber and toe angle retention.

Each RPM Gearbox Housing kit is available in black, blue or green and comes will all necessary mounting hardware and instructions. Whether racing or bashing, the RPM Gearbox Housing is one of the least expensive yet most valuable options you can buy! Every RPM Gearbox Housing kit is proudly designed and manufactured in the USA! Get yours today!

#73612 Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts (0° & 3° rear mounts included) – Black
#73614 Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts (0° & 3° rear mounts included) – Green
#73615 Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts (0° & 3° rear mounts included) – Blue

Suggested Retail Price: $29.95

Tech Notes:
RPM Gearbox Housings do not include internal components (gears bearings, shafts, etc.). Internal components (either stock or aftermarket) must be transferred to the RPM Gearbox Housing from the stock Traxxas transmission. RPM #73612 replaces stock Traxxas #3691 (or #3691A).
Gallery > RPM Hybrid Gearbox Housing And Rear Mounts For Traxxas 2wd Vehicles

(Last edited by theJANG : 12.06.12 at 10:47 am)
slash5803.wordpress.com - a (poorly maintained) blog about a small toy for a big boy
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 12.05.12, 11:14 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
meh~

RPM's stuff doesn't break.... it flexes.

I'd be interested to see how long the teeth on the ring gear on the diff lasts (or the idler or top drive for that matter)

I hope it does well.... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I just think their stuff wallows out too easliy because of all the flex.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 12.06.12, 1:53 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
rpm hasnt made a gearbox for anything since the rc10.

damn, does that mean slash </= rc10
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"Shake n' Bake"
indy34096 - 12.06.12, 2:27 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I was also thinking of transmission flex, which could lead to a blown trans. Maybe they used a firmer and less flexible plastic for the transmission case and their usual blend for the toe blocks?
Associated B4.1 FT, Associated RC10 Classic, ProBoat Impulse 26
He passed me, so I rammed him. -- Rocket Rex Staten
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Larry's Performance R/C's Frequent
"most useless user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 12.06.12, 3:14 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
dont quote me on this as i dont have one in front of me and i havent handled but a few of them ever but i believe when they made um for the rc10 way back when they used a harder/stiffer plastic.
Florida D.O. Racer | Vintage traxxas collector
Brands i choose to support [amongst others]:
SPC Lipo batteries McAllister Racing Bodies Kipps hobbies
"trades in lambo..."
Stampede Guy2.0 - 12.06.12, 5:30 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
it actually looks good, this may be my next upgrade if it holds out good.
current RC's//Stampede xl5 (with BL)//litehawk pro4ch(similar to syma107-g)//
DrJVogel said "It's illegal to hunt helicopters while riding pigback --- even illegal in Texas and most of Oklahoma."
"Crit-tacular!"
guitardrumr123 - 12.06.12, 5:59 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
It specifically says its in the same plastic compound.

'Molded from our blend of bulletproof nylons in three popular color choices for guaranteed durability, strength and style'
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 12.06.12, 7:02 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
i'm actually thinking that aluminum plate will help eliminate the gearbox flexing. looks decent. hope it is cheaper than the proline.

i'd also like to see RPM come up with a molded LCG conversion kit kind of STRC's. i bet they could make those for under $20, instead of the usual $40-50 price tag on the STRC's...
"Northern New Jersey"
Bunzo - 12.06.12, 7:04 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
guitardrumr123 said
It specifically says its in the same plastic compound.

'Molded from our blend of bulletproof nylons in three popular color choices for guaranteed durability, strength and style'
RPM can change the blend of plastics they use and still call them "Our Blend". From what I understand from talking to a worker from company that deals in plastic addon parts for dirtbikes and atvs to make RPM nylon stiffer the ratios in there blend would just need to be changed slightly.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 12.06.12, 7:13 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I WILL HAVE THIS. 0º and 3º toe blocks? Recommended selling price, $29.95? You complete me, RPM.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology