Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"きりと"
hazardouschurch - 12.18.12, 8:46 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
drilling a blind hole is hard but it could work as long as the relation of the bell crank to a-arms is the same
CARNAGE
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 12.18.12, 8:46 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
Ok thanks again. Will keep you posted as to how it goes.
(Last edited by RichBee : 12.18.12 at 8:50 pm)
"きりと"
hazardouschurch - 12.18.12, 8:51 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
if its attached to the top plate yes i forget i had an aftermarket top plate and had different setup in the front.

Dont worry about the questions i was once there and still am in some ways when i build custom stuff with obscure parts like my current build.

YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT A FEW TIMES its the nature of the beast i went into it knowing my first chassis wasn't my last one.
CARNAGE
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 12.18.12, 9:09 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
hazardouschurch said
if its attached to the top plate yes i forget i had an aftermarket top plate and had different setup in the front.

Dont worry about the questions i was once there and still am in some ways when i build custom stuff with obscure parts like my current build.

YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT A FEW TIMES its the nature of the beast i went into it knowing my first chassis wasn't my last one.
Yeah i did think about an extended custom top plate too but as you say this is where im going to run into alignment problems.

Im currently using the Proline steering kit, and with the std chassis the recessed dimples are not used (metal spacers fill this recess) so i think i should only need the bolt holes in the extension piece (not the recess as well) which should make it a lot easier to fabricate.
"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 12.19.12, 4:37 am Post #35: | Reply With Quote
Dunno if this is any help, but I had a few sheets of 1/8 inch pvc sheets. I put the holes for the servo dimples in the front on pic. and sandwiched this onto the aluminum. You could use anything, Lexan/plexiglass/ balsawood. It works pretty good, I havent had it pop out once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY2724 redux.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	40424  
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 12.19.12, 4:55 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
blakktalon said
Dunno if this is any help, but I had a few sheets of 1/8 inch pvc sheets. I put the holes for the servo dimples in the front on pic. and sandwiched this onto the aluminum. You could use anything, Lexan/plexiglass/ balsawood. It works pretty good, I havent had it pop out once.
Looks good, you have any more pictures of your build as it went along ? Be grateful for any more pointers. Thanks.
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 12.19.12, 5:19 am Post #37: | Reply With Quote
Just thought you might like to see this I have run the strc and like this much better.
strc kit is 10mm shorter than stock too!!!

"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 12.19.12, 5:30 am Post #38: | Reply With Quote
Here is some pictures, The only real part I screwed up on was a couple of the rear holes, were off center, and they dont seat all the way in countersinked hole quite right.

http://s1271.beta.photobucket.com/us...sis%20take%201
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 12.24.12, 2:11 am Post #39: | Reply With Quote
bigdodge44150 said
Just thought you might like to see this I have run the strc and like this much better.
strc kit is 10mm shorter than stock too!!!
Thanks for the pics..........

Well trying to find a suitable piece of aluminium for a front extension plate has proved trickier than i thought. Either no one has it in Thailand, or they just have no idea what im asking for....lol.

So it may be plan B and the 2 cut down chassis joined in the middle. While hunting for aluminium i spotted an aluminium draught excluder strip. Anyone got any views as to if this will be strong enough if i bolt through with one both top and bottom. Feels pretty strong to me along its length, although it does twist a little. Doubled up though, maybe ok ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-24 17.31.22-1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	40623  
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 12.26.12, 5:44 am Post #40: | Reply With Quote
That looks strong enough I would find some flat aluminum to put on the bottom of it and it will be stronger than the rest of the chassis. The holes will get ovaled if you don't.