Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.02.13, 1:19 am Post #51: | Reply With Quote
bigdodge44150 said
Looks super clean. I found that a rustler rx box fits nicely under the front body mount on the top plate. Love the light switch cover. I don't think that putting the rx close to the esc would be/cause any problems though. Keep the pics coming. Did you notch the aluminum to go around the switch holder?
Thanks, yeah am pretty happy with the way its turned out.

Yes i've notched the aluminium at the switch holder just to make it easier when the inevitable happens and the chassis breaks and i need to replace the front section. With the channel extended on the bottom it does feel strong enough.

Will post more pictures when its all together, thanks for the encouragement all.
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.02.13, 8:27 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
ha! clever man with the lightswitch, it looks like it's coming together very well and looks quite durable

as far as mounting the ESC and receiver together, there should be no problem, the only issue I could see.. which is 1 in a 1000 chance... if you crashed and that part of your vehicle was the point of impact, you'd lose both the ESC and receiver, hahahaha, but at that point i think i'd just say, "you got me this time universe!"

the only reason I placed my ESC and receiver box on the right was to counter balance the weight of the battery. Really I think for you it's just personal preference and convenience. What I WOULD recommend is placing them together, in the case your chassis snaps in half and violently thrown in opposite directions, your wires from your servo and esc into the box aren't ripped apart.

So my suggestion is keeping your ESC and receiver box towards the rear so that your motor wires, esc wires, and receiver box will be safe and together.. and you'd only lose a $20 TRX2075 servo in the event of some violent crash that would separate the chassis in half since that is your weakest point
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.02.13, 11:27 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said
ha! clever man with the lightswitch, it looks like it's coming together very well and looks quite durable

as far as mounting the ESC and receiver together, there should be no problem, the only issue I could see.. which is 1 in a 1000 chance... if you crashed and that part of your vehicle was the point of impact, you'd lose both the ESC and receiver, hahahaha, but at that point i think i'd just say, "you got me this time universe!"

the only reason I placed my ESC and receiver box on the right was to counter balance the weight of the battery. Really I think for you it's just personal preference and convenience. What I WOULD recommend is placing them together, in the case your chassis snaps in half and violently thrown in opposite directions, your wires from your servo and esc into the box aren't ripped apart.

So my suggestion is keeping your ESC and receiver box towards the rear so that your motor wires, esc wires, and receiver box will be safe and together.. and you'd only lose a $20 TRX2075 servo in the event of some violent crash that would separate the chassis in half since that is your weakest point

Mmm good points about a possible chassis break and keeping the components on the same part. But then considering how strong the chassis feels, if it comes to that there may not be too much left of it anyway...... :-)
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.02.13, 11:40 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
suscribed and im having ideas of taking 75% of the slash(HCG)chassis and 50% of another and do the same alum. mounting idea and i would have tons of space. And would 1/5th scale arms fit(HPI baja 5) onto the chassis? Making a 1/5th scale slash, Hell Yea!!!!
Love being young!!SPC For Life
Traxxas Slash VXL/Brother's Traxxas Bandit
DrJVogel said "I hate trees"
SlasherBasher98 said "I hate poles"
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.02.13, 11:49 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
haha that's also true Rich, I'm sure that thing is very strong, even the aluminum 90 braces on their own are incredibly strong. So in conclusion... I guess put em where ever you think they look pretty! ahahahha
"Experienced user"
RichBee - 1.03.13, 12:01 am Post #56: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER said
haha that's also true Rich, I'm sure that thing is very strong, even the aluminum 90 braces on their own are incredibly strong. So in conclusion... I guess put em where ever you think they look pretty! ahahahha
Yep, i think im gonna go with it as you suggested. As much as i like the light switch plate (it will be staying for now) i think im gonna make up a T shape custom plate that sits the receiver and ESC side by side at the rear.

Thanks for the compliments, especially considering the fantastic job you've made of yours. Cheers.
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.03.13, 12:15 am Post #57: | Reply With Quote
heh thanks a lot man, looking forward to seeing this thing progress, i'm sure it'll look great once you fabricate that mounting plate and get it all set up

keep us posted!
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 1.03.13, 4:42 am Post #58: | Reply With Quote
SlasherBasher98 said
suscribed and im having ideas of taking 75% of the slash(HCG)chassis and 50% of another and do the same alum. mounting idea and i would have tons of space. And would 1/5th scale arms fit(HPI baja 5) onto the chassis? Making a 1/5th scale slash, Hell Yea!!!!

http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/projects/slash-6/
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.03.13, 11:10 am Post #59: | Reply With Quote
ya i know ive checked that out and its pretty cool but the only thing i dont like is how its still narrow. I would probably make either the arms longer or maybe try to put 1/5th scale arms on it. Ive got ideas0_o
Love being young!!SPC For Life
Traxxas Slash VXL/Brother's Traxxas Bandit
DrJVogel said "I hate trees"
SlasherBasher98 said "I hate poles"
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 1.03.13, 12:42 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
SlasherBasher98 said
ya i know ive checked that out and its pretty cool but the only thing i dont like is how its still narrow. I would probably make either the arms longer or maybe try to put 1/5th scale arms on it. Ive got ideas0_o
It has the wide mod done. Rustler rear arms all around with wide offset tires its getting pretty wide.