Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
4x4x41 - 1.07.13, 10:30 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for ALL THE FEEDBACK GUYS ! Happy new year to u Dr. as well as everybody else. I really appreciate all the info u guys have provided for me on this truck. Thanks again guys, can't wait to get one ! I will post an update when it happens. ALL OF U GUYS ROCK ! ! Peace.
"Experienced user"
n_d_fox - 1.09.13, 8:52 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Bit late to the party but i got the exact truck your looking at from Santa this year

Obviously i've been busy with the decals to make it my own but i absolutely love this truck... the fact that its 2WD makes it better for me, i want the challenge of a tail happy RC to tame and build my skills with, there wouldnt be any long term fun or involvement otherwise would there !?

Upgrades have already started, even though i told myself i wouldnt for a while... i dropped RPM carriers and larger bearings to suit in over the weekend along with alu shock caps and 40wt oil. So far this has made a nice difference reducing the amount of roll in the bends and taken some of the sag out of the shocks.

On the way are Anza Caster blocks, Anza hinge pins, Anza hinge pin brace and a Pro-Line chassis saver.

I'm still running standard tyres with the XL-5 / titan combo and thats proving ok for the time being. I'm also running Gens Ace 5300 30c 2S lipos - note the XL-5 has the low voltage detection disabled from the factory so you have to enable it to protect the packs.

Tyres will be the next thing on the shopping list for sure but i am going to run the standard ones down pretty well first. For the areas i'm running the truck either Pro-Line Trenchers or Gladiators will more than likely be the ones i go for.

If i ever need to play with the steering bell crank etc i think i'll look at the 4x4 option first... the alu options are nice but 30 is a lot to pay for them i think, unless someone can talk to me about the benefits

Cheers, Nige
"Experienced user"
teamassociateg - 1.09.13, 1:45 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
just watch out with the steering rack....if you crash in to something they have the chance to pop out of the slot so maybe the proline Performance Steering Kit
"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 1.09.13, 2:04 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
STRC steering kit is garbage. some say the plastic is brittle, but before you even get to that, the included spring isn't strong enough to make the embedded servo saver useful. the only part of the whole thing that makes it different from the pack is completely useless.

garbage at any price point. wish i never wasted my dough on 2 of them. after dumping thousands into RC, it's my worst purchase to date.
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.09.13, 3:06 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
2genewb said
garbage at any price point. wish i never wasted my dough on 2 of them. after dumping thousands into RC, it's my worst purchase to date.
I hear ya 2genewb! I too have spent thousands on RC, but my worst purchase to date was everything by Integy.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
teamassociateg - 1.09.13, 3:58 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
2genewb said
STRC steering kit is garbage. some say the plastic is brittle, but before you even get to that, the included spring isn't strong enough to make the embedded servo saver useful. the only part of the whole thing that makes it different from the pack is completely useless.

yes but its still better then the stock steering kit
"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 1.09.13, 4:21 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
^ only because of included bearings. add 4 of these to the stock bellcrank and you have the same thing.
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.09.13, 4:38 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
^ That's my take on it too.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
teamassociateg - 1.09.13, 6:17 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
but my problem is i land jumps or hit big rocks. and the assembly jumps out...

**EDIT**
ill take pictures of what my slash comes up against
"Experienced user"
teamassociateg - 1.09.13, 7:31 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
would http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html those work?