Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
malinko - 12.31.12, 2:33 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote

Mailman left part of my x-mas present in the box today. It's interesting that this arrived 4 days ahead of the rest of the order and it was back-ordered when it all started.

List of what has yet to arrive:

1 x PTK-MR115-2RS Protek R/C 5x11x4mm Rubber Sealed "Speed" Clutch Bearings (10)
1 x TRA2388X Traxxas Planetary Gear Diff (VXL)
1 x TRA3195 Traxxas 22T Steel Top Drive Gear
1 x TRA3195X Traxxas Machined Delrin Drive Gear
1 x CSE095-0007-00 Castle Creations 4mm High Current Bullet Connector Set
1 x TRA1996X Traxxas Aluminum Idler Gear
1 x RPM80402 RPM Shock Shaft Guards (Black) (4)
1 x RRP7857 Robinson Racing Xtra Hard Steel Idler Gear
1 x SPTST3640-FK ST Racing Concepts Heat Treated Polished Front Inner Hinge Pin Set (2)
1 x RRP1421 Robinson Racing Absolute 48P Pinion Gear (21T)
1 x RRP1419 Robinson Racing Absolute 48P Pinion Gear (19T)
1 x RRP1417 Robinson Racing Absolute 48P Pinion Gear (17T)
1 x TRA3793 Traxxas Slipper Shaft w/Spring Pin
1 x TRA1985 Traxxas 5x8x0.5mm Teflon Wwashers (20)

And a Jconcepts Silent Speed 90 tooth traxxas style spur gear which is on yet another shipping list.

Anyone see anything I missed/need?
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 12.31.12, 5:56 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
What sort of trouble are you looking to get into with that TRA3195X and TRA1996X?
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
B2Bad - 12.31.12, 6:09 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
HA! looks like alot of fun is coming your way. when my slash gets completed then we can compare parts.
Traxxas Slash 2wd and traxxas stampede are currently the only two I have.
"casual master mechanic"
gnrkenny - 1.01.13, 1:00 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Ya I am with doc, the drive gear isnt going to last a pack...
I hate curbs
"Experienced user"
malinko - 1.01.13, 9:15 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
New motor, new trans, new gears, not sure how it's going to behave so i wanted to make sure I had spares. I have a few more other spare parts floating around in the boneyard. That's just what I think is going to fry first.
"Experienced user"
malinko - 1.03.13, 6:27 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
So I made a mistake....

I forgot to check pinion shaft size on my new motor.

5mm ftl.

Oh well, time to order some more parts.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 1.03.13, 10:55 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Robinson makes 5mm bore 48p pinions, and they're very nice. Cheaper than their 32P 5mm bore pinions, as well.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
malinko - 1.04.13, 8:33 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Done with expedited shipping, thanks to my $5 store credit.

Should have it ALL by Wed. I hope.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.04.13, 8:43 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
malinko, you're going to love it. I have two. Cooler running, quieter, easier to clean and available rear toe (for a wide mod., Rusty, or Pede).
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 1.04.13, 10:10 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I dunno about quieter. My RPM box is the loudest gearbox I have. It's well put together and smooth as butter, but whatever plastic compound they used, I can hear those straight-cut gears whining away.