Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.02.13, 7:21 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Recently got the Slash 2wd VXL and i'm in love. It is bone stock with some homemade mods. First i made a tire rack on the back mostly for the looks because its too back heavy with both tires on, so it starts too flip. And the other is two alum. roof bars that me and my dad made. I am also in the making of putting a crossbar between the two rails and making that into a lightbar. Im also getting Losi springs(green in the front, blue in the back) and trying 40wt shock oil. Im open to suggestions to upgrades and maybe some help later on because im a little new to this. Ill post more pics later on too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080931 (800x600).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	41026  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080932 (800x600).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	41027  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080912 (800x600).jpg
Views:	160
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	41028  
(Last edited by SlasherBasher98 : 1.27.13 at 5:00 pm)
Love being young!!SPC For Life
Traxxas Slash VXL/Brother's Traxxas Bandit
DrJVogel said "I hate trees"
SlasherBasher98 said "I hate poles"
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.02.13, 7:52 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
ha awesome man, glad you're loving it!

just be careful you don't roll that beast and get your tires ripped off the body, leaving your body a bit sad looking!

just something to consider is all :P
keep us posted!
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.02.13, 8:23 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Yup i was thinking that too and thats kinda why i made the rails and ive actaully purposly rolled it and it hits the bars first. And i hope ill finish the lightbar soon.
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.02.13, 8:34 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Welcome to the hobby and the forums.
Lookin' good.
It does seem to be a bit tail heavy.
Do you have to take the tires off to get to the body clips to change batteries?
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.02.13, 8:53 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
trashyrich: Thank You!
And the body clip hole is actaully right in between the tires and it fits perfectly. And yes haha it is back heavy so im probably only going to put the tires on for looks and pictures but it looks pretty real.
"Experienced user"
SlashDaddy - 1.02.13, 8:56 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Those are really cool roof mounts!!!
2wd Slash: Proline Protrak, Proline power strokes, Proline steerin, EZrun 8.5 turn, Spectrum S6070 Servo, STRC caster blocks,
4x4 Slash: Castle MMP SCT, Custom CF mount, Losi SCTE shocks, MIP Xduty Axels, RPM front and rear Arms, RPM Front Bumper, Traxxas aluminum Hubs and carriers
"casual master mechanic"
gnrkenny - 1.02.13, 9:59 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
New tires are a bit help. And if you don't want to go lipo yet at least get a better charger for now.
I hate curbs
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.02.13, 10:09 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
^^ ya for now ill just wear these tires down for bashing but im probably going to get the slingshots and mohawks and make it a bajr/slash but i dont think it would look as good as yours at all

Yes i will be getting either two 7cell 3000 or one 9.6v 5000(nihm) i dont really want to get lipos right because just really starting out but soon, thats why i might want to get the TRX 6 amp EZpeak charger(nihm and lipo)
Thanks.
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 1.03.13, 10:28 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
There are tons of good chargers you can get for much cheaper than the ezpeak when the time comes. Lcg chassis will help to keep those bars/light bars pointed up!!
"Northern New Jersey"
Bunzo - 1.03.13, 10:41 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
SlasherBasher98 said
^^ ya for now ill just wear these tires down for bashing but im probably going to get the slingshots and mohawks and make it a bajr/slash but i dont think it would look as good as yours at all

Yes i will be getting either two 7cell 3000 or one 9.6v 5000(nihm) i dont really want to get lipos right because just really starting out but soon, thats why i might want to get the TRX 6 amp EZpeak charger(nihm and lipo)
Thanks.
You could get a charger that charges NiMh and lipos and other types of battery's for under 30 bucks for a basic one. and then get a 2s lipo for under 30 bucks. You would be very happy once you did that. I wouldn't bother even buying more NiMh battery's. Just go lipo and never look back.

Lipo : http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html

Charger : http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

Oops charger is $39 bucks instead of 30 like i said above. But you still would have alot more fun then buying new NiMh battery's. Everyone starting out does the same thing and thinks i will go lipo later and ends up spending more money on NiMh batterys. But once they go lipo they wonder why they ever waited.
(Last edited by Bunzo : 1.03.13 at 10:46 am)