Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.03.13, 3:36 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Prospect84 is right. After a great deal of research I've decided my next battery will be the SPC LiPo 5000mAh 30C 2S for $28 TRX connector, better punch, less money, excellent customer support. http://www.specpointbatteries.com/
Once you go LiPo you'll never go back to NiMH.
(Last edited by DrJVogel : 1.03.13 at 7:02 pm)
radio-control-ophile
that rock popped up outta nowhere
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.03.13, 5:23 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Thats a great deal on that Lipo so im probably going to order this battery and the charger that was posted earlier.
Love being young!!SPC For Life
Traxxas Slash VXL/Brother's Traxxas Bandit
DrJVogel said "I hate trees"
SlasherBasher98 said "I hate poles"
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.03.13, 9:28 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel: im deciding in the 2s 5000mah one you posted for $28 or the 3s 5000mah same brand on that same website and thats $39. Which one would be better for a basher who has kinda new but has partial experience? How much more powerful is the 3s because im thinking i should start out on 2s. And im probably going to buy the Thunder Ac6 off Amazon for $45. And the Banana plug to TRX male for $5 on amazon for the charger.
"Experienced user"
bigdodge44150 - 1.04.13, 4:23 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
A 3s is serious power it will blow you mind and tires too. If you have a transmitter that has adjustable endpoints I would recommend 3s I run mine on like 65% so there is some type of throttle control and I get 45 to an hour out of a 5000mah on the street. But 3s will wear everything much quicker if you use it. You can snap the stock drive shafts on command.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.04.13, 7:59 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
SlasherBasher98, I have both 3S and 2S LiPos. I rarely use a 3S. 2S has more than enough power. I would strongly suggest getting two 2S LiPos. This will give you plenty of run time.

I enjoy 'technical' running with lots of bumps, turns, jumps and places to slide out the rear. 3S just seems to relegate an RC car to straight line asphalt speed runs which I think is really boring.

I have a box stock, brushed Slash that I still have a lot of fun running on NiMH.
radio-control-ophile
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.04.13, 12:44 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
Thank you guys. Right now i think im just going to get that thunder ac6 charger and probably get the 2s 5000mah and later get more. And ill probably only get the 3s if i do any sand bashing with sand paddles. And just about to make the crossbar for the rails and light bar.
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.04.13, 8:34 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
SlasherBasher98,
I cant remember if your truck is a stock brushed or not. If it is, you can only go 2S Lipo with the ESC.(correct me if I am wrong guys).
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.04.13, 8:44 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
No its the VXL so i do have the choice.
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.04.13, 9:30 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
I have a little update on the car. I just put on the crossbar but looking for ideas for the lights. Any suggestions on that??

I also used velcro and taped one side to the nerf bar and the other to the body so theres less body chatter and the body doesnt rub on the nerf bar anymore.

Finally i cut out some thin silicone foam padding(about 70a durometer) and taped that down in the battery compartment. This helps alot too because theres barely any rubbing on the battery and the plastics not scratching the battery.

I did upload a picture of my slash next to my brothers bandit. On the bandit if you notice theres a rollbar on the back, my dad made it for him out of titanium and im super jealous All it is, is a curved titanium tube with the two ends straight and he drilled to small holes on each side of the straight part and easily screwed it on to the two holes on the rear shock tower(the holes were already there
"The little things make a BIG difference!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080934 (800x600).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	41125  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080945 (800x600).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	41126  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080942 (800x600).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	41127  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080942 (800x750).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	622.5 KB
ID:	41128  
(Last edited by SlasherBasher98 : 1.04.13 at 9:33 pm)
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.04.13, 10:26 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
SlasherBasher98, your dad is a genius. That little bar will help that Bandit rest on its feet most all of the time and help save the wing too. Freaking brilliant idea!

For lights...how 'bout the Summit roof lights? http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=8499
These could be modified to work --- I think.
radio-control-ophile