Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.05.13, 9:30 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Thank you ill tell him that. But ill take some credit for the some of the mounting ideas.

ill look into that or the rpm LED im not sure yet.
Love being young!!SPC For Life
Traxxas Slash VXL/Brother's Traxxas Bandit
DrJVogel said "I hate trees"
SlasherBasher98 said "I hate poles"
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.05.13, 1:58 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
VXL, then you are good to go.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
yngrshr - 1.05.13, 4:56 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
This is a seriously awesome hobby. I never anticipated wanting to upgrade my truck so fast. Already bought the RPM trans cover (for myself and my father) for some beach bashing. Need to get the correct gearing set-up soon for that, too!
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.06.13, 11:16 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Update: Yesterday was a mixed day, it was good and bad.

I will start with the bad. I flipped my slash a couple times yesterday and right when the battery was about to die it tumbled and the result was the crossbar broken It was a kinda a tester anyways. My dad and I will probably redesign it and make it stronger.

The good part is, Im in love with my slash Its so durable too and even without losi springs, the suspension is good just on 40wt oil. And im ordering the Thunder Ac6 charger today with the SPC lipo 2s 5000mAh battery.

Finally, me and my dad are cleaning up the garage and making some space for a table and workstation! Also im using an old Traxxas nitro Rustler for replacement parts(A-Arms, rear arms, front shock tower, shocks).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080950 (800x600).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	41170  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080953 (800x600).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	41171  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080954 (800x600).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	41172  
(Last edited by SlasherBasher98 : 1.06.13 at 8:24 pm)
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.06.13, 4:59 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
That is a shame about the crossbar, but on the flip side your roof isnt all scratched up!!
"Experienced user"
scottd1975 - 1.06.13, 5:11 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
That is a awsome roof rack maybe right instructions on how to make it and pictures?
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.06.13, 5:21 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
Trashyrich: Yea i know but me and my dad are remaking it stronger and hooking up some lights. And yes the rails hold really well.

Scott: When i have the time ill either make a video or pictures and instructions on how to.

Thanks to all you guys, i really appreciate it!

Today i also took i out to some bike jumps i used to go to and it was a blast. The trucks durability is outstanding and recommend it to anyone who just likes plain out bashing. It jumped a good 6foot long jump but then cartwheeled and just kept on running not even a scratch.( my fault though because i accidently gassed it while in the air so it kinda flipped backwards). But other then that its great and love the brushless too.And my brothers jealous cause his bandit is brushed and now he wanted the brushless
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.06.13, 5:53 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
Cool. I would like to see how that roof bar is attached to the vehicle.

Always fun to make the brother jealous!
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.06.13, 7:49 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
Trashyrich: thanks haha yup love to do it and about the roof rails, like i said to Scott ill try to post either tomorow or the next but i cant tonite.
"Experienced user"
scottd1975 - 1.08.13, 5:55 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
SlasherBasher98 said
Trashyrich: thanks haha yup love to do it and about the roof rails, like i said to Scott ill try to post either tomorow or the next but i cant tonite.
So where's those pics and diy